Chapter 2

Second-person POV
-
-
You looked squinted to stop the light from shining too much in your eyes.
"Who... who are you?" You asked weakly. The whole situation really took a lot of energy from you. Maybe it's just the blood loss talking.
"That's not important. What is important, though,"
he threw a newspaper down on the table. The headline read "Dangerous criminal on the run". You felt nauseous with the realization of how bad your situation was. Your eyes widened as you looked down at it
"I-"
Before you could finish, he cuts you off. His voice is intimidating and thunderous.
"Is this you?" He questioned.
"Well I.. I never meant to.. I didn't know.. I.."
He clenched his hand into a fist, shaking with how much force he formed the fist with.
"Answer the question."
He shouted with such authority that you shook a bit. You swallowed nervously.
"Yes... yes, that's me."
You finally forced the words out. The pressure of the situation could crush a small army of men. He cleared his throat quickly.
"Good. That wasn't so hard, was it? Now.. why were you on our turf? This is our territory. Such a threat shouldn't be here."
You looked at him like he was a mad man.
"Your territory? It's an open street.."
You mumbled the word "dumbass" quickly, hoping he wouldn't hear. Right after muttering that word you felt a strict slap against your face that knocked your head to the side. Your cheek stung sharply and you almost teared up. But you knew better than to wear your heart on your sleeve in such moments.
"Don't act smart. Just answer the questions and I might let you out alive. You're a pawn, you hear me?!"
You leaned back in the chair, your subconscious attempt at getting away from the situation.
"Let me ask you again. Why were you on our turf?"
You finally answered,
"I didn't know it was your turf I don't even know who you are"
He scoffed
"Maybe a day in solitude will get you to smarten up."
You drew a shaky breath
"I'm telling the truth. I didn't know."
He glared at you.
"I'd kill you right here and now if you didn't have important information."
He then left the room and closed the door. You were sure you wouldn't see the light of day for atleast another 24 hours.