𝖎. ❝Happy, as in the emotion?❞

━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 spent the night in the Calisto residence. When Valerie woke up from her slumber in the morning, thinking that the trip to New York with Mr.Hogan and all that hocus pocus was just a dream, she was wrong. The girl recieved the scare of her life when she jumped down her bunk and opened her room's door, only to find the said man infront of her.

Valerie had let out a yelp which startled Happy, "Geez, do you ever wear something other than your suit?" The girl asked with a questioning gaze. Happy took a double take at the girl's words, they were identical to a specific man's words.

Nevertheless, Valerie's yelp had cause her twin to wake up as well. He left the lower bunk and went to the door where his sister and Mr.Hogan were standing.

"Morning Val, I'm gonna take the bathroom first..." And with those words Alexander left the two others standing there. Valerie immediately went back inside to pack a couple of things that she had forgotten to pack previously, leaving Happy on the door.

Valerie and Alexander were told to only pack a total of two bags for their trip by their mother, but that was because every single trace of their belongings and presence in the apartement would be taken to the same place the twins were going to with Happy, just that their stuff would arrive a few days later. The twins hadn't known this fact though.

Alexander had come out of the bathroom after having freshened up and Valerie went in after him. Athena woke up moments after the twins and was currently brewing some coffee for herself and the guest, in the kitchen. The air around the two adults was tense and secretive.

This would've been a normal morning for the Calisto family, with Athena brewing coffee for herself and the kids getting ready for school. But things were different now, and things were going to change for everyone.

Valerie had come out of the bathroom and changed into a pair of black joggers and a white top. She had her brown hair cascading down her shoulders. Alexander was also ready, sporting a loose black t-shirt and a pair of white jeans. He also wore this necklace around his neck, his sister had one too. Both of the necklaces had initials of the twins, 'VS' on Valerie's and 'AS' on Alexander's, they both didn't know what the 'S' really stood for but they figured that maybe it was their dad's initials or something.

Athena saw her children wheel out their suitcases from their shared room. She felt sad but she also kept her emotions at bay, not wanting to worry the twins knowing they were very smart and would catch on.

"You both have all your things right? You haven't missed anything?" The mother of the twins asked, "We have everything mom." Valerie replied and ended her mom's worry meanwhile Alexander stared at Mr.Hogan. The man had piqued his interest, I mean he barely said a word during his stay at their apartment.

⋆⋆⋆

As the twins bid goodbye to their mother, embracing her with warm hugs and kisses on the cheek, Athena couldn't help but let a single tear slip down her cheek. Alexander had noticed the tear and quickly wiped it off his mother's cheek, "Don't cry mom, we'll be back very soon." He smiled at the very end of the sentence with his sister nodding her head at his words.

Happy was waiting for the two kids as they sat down in two very comfortable leather armchairs. Valerie had caught the window seat while her brother sat opposite to her. The window was a bit larger and wider from the normal airplanes, well this difference was to be expected since this was a private jet.

"Who do you think is the pilot?" Alexander asked his sister when the jet took off, "Well I think.... it's Mr.Hogan, I mean he isn't here with us now, is he?" Valerie answered, "Let's go check." Alexander stood up,  with his sister doing the same afterwards.

They found the man in question sitting in the pilot's seat, suddenly Valerie went behind his seat and loudly said, "Hello Mr.Hogan!" The man jumped and looked at us, putting the jet on autopilot.

"Hey kids. Uh...what do you want?" Happy scratched his beard, "Well, to start off, what's you name? We can't keep calling you Mr.Hogan forever now, can we?" Alexander laughed slightly at his own statement.

"If you're that curious, my name's Happy. Happy Hogan." Valerie tilted her head in wonder, "Happy, as in the emotion? Why did your parents name you that?" Happy was speechless, he himself didn't know why his parents named him that but he answered nevertheless, "It has a ring to it and it's k-kind of easy to remember so I guess that's why...."

"Eh...that's bull...but anyways...how much time will it actually take for us to reach New York?" Alexander asked much to Happy's displeasure, "It's gonna take a long time kiddo, you both should go back and sit down."

The twins listened to the man and sat down at their previous seats. Valerie took out her laptop from the shoulder bag she had carried in earlier, Alexander did the same. They both watched some movies, Alexander watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone while Valerie watched Star wars. They both had their earphones plugged in so that they wouldn't disturb each other.

Valerie had her laptop on a table in front of her, between her's and Alexander's seats. She didn't have any clue of when she fell asleep but it was getting dark. Alexander had been knocked out as soon as it was dawn.

Happy went near the space the kids were in and saw them both sleeping, with a light smile on his face he grabbed two blankets from a cabinet nearby and placed them over the twins. They both looked so peaceful as they slept.

Happy was feeling happy, looking at a specific man's kids. The twins were finally returning to their true and rightful home.

━━━━━━

𝟎𝟒-𝟎𝟑-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏

𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵. 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥!

 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥!