𝖎𝖎𝖎. ❝I'm upset!❞

━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 with a crying Alexander in front of him. It was official. His daughter hated him. And there was nothing he could do about it.

He was asking himself millions of questions, what had he been thinking when he thought that his kids would happily accept him? This reaction was honestly very natural for two ten year olds to give. But it still hurt him.

He did not want his relationship with his kids to remind him of the broken pieces of a bond that he had with his father. But ironically this was what he did get. Maybe it was karma, Tony hadn't been the most easiest to deal with when he was younger.

The man could only look at Happy helplessly as he went out of the office to look for Valerie. This caused Tony to make his way towards Alexander. He kneeled down on his knees to reach the boy's height, "Hey kiddo, I-I know that this is a lot....to take in...but I just want you to know that I did what I did because I love you both, very much. And I know I can't expect you to accept me and whatever I told you, so soon...but I hope that one of these days....you can forgive me...."

Alexander was a very understanding child, while Valerie was just the opposite. So it was a surprise for Tony when Alexander wrapped his arms around his father's neck and brought him in a hug. Tony was stunned. He couldn't express how emotional he felt when his son hugged him. For the very first time since he was born.

"I'm not upset with you, dad....I just can't get over the fact that Val isn't my real twin and mom isn't my real mom, when all my life these two people have been— my world."

Tony did understand his son's point of view as the young boy sniffled in his father's embrace and continued, "But I'm also happy.....to finally know who my dad is...." Alexander felt his father's arms embrace his small body and his cries had, by now, subdued as he came to terms with the news he just received.

But he couldn't say the same about his sister. He knew how stubborn, and hard-headed she could be at times.

The father of the two, while was happy with Alexander having accepted him, was also worried about Valerie. Her initial reaction had been terrifying for him as it was a vague reminder of Tony's relationship with his father.

He didn't want things to escalate to that point.

On the other hand Happy had found Valerie, leaning against the hallway walls while holding her knees close to her chest. He could see her shoulders move up and down as she was in the middle of crying her heart out.

Valerie felt like the life she had been living was nothing but fake.

She felt betrayed.

Was this why her mother never told them about their dad—wait no.....Athena wasn't her real mother anymore....she never was.

She couldn't understand what was worse, the fact that her father kept her away from him for 10 years or the fact that her perfect family was full of holes and fakes and lies.