Part 7

you kept hugging the skeleton happily around his skull, still hearing the people applaud. soon, you opened your eyes as you felt a couple of bony hands grab your waist and gently taking you off his shoulder and back on your feet. 

Of course, you could have stayed a little more cuddling on his soft hair, but you knew this wasn't the time. There is a party going on!

Ernesto looked down at you, a warm smile appeared on his face. "now.." he began. "let's get us dried off, Bonita" he said in a smile as he walked forward a hallway, motioning you to follow him. you froze at a place as a blush covered your face after he called you 'Bonita'. did he really mean to call you that..? is the great Ernesto De La Cruz really thinking you're beautiful? those thoughts flew through your mind in a warm river for a short while. after you have woken up from your thoughts, you walked fastly towards your great great grandfather, a bunch of adoring eyes of skeletons following you. 

you and Ernesto were now in a giant wardrobe room. it was Ernesto's personal closet room, containing all his clothes, shoes, hats, colognes, and some towels, in case of getting wet after being in the pool. the fancy skeleton reached to take 2 towels, hanging one of them on his broad shoulder. he walked towards you, the second towel in his hand. you raised your arms in thought he was going to give the towel to you so you could dry off, but instead, he did it for you. to your surprise, he kneeled before you and began to place the towel on top of your head, drying your hair off for you. this action of his made you go redder than ever, seeing how he was close to you.

"a-ah! S-senor, you don't have to..- I-I can do it myself..!" you cried nervously. the skeleton only chuckled in response. "aww haha, come on, muchacha. just relax! at least let me begin by being the best father I could be" he replied sweetly, giving you a small wink as he returned to drying your hair. soon enough, you calmed your body, letting the skeletal man take care of it. 

you wanted to scream in excitement at that moment, but you knew it would just make you look weird. instead, you closed your eyes tight and let tiny whimpers escape from your mouth. unfortunately for you, the skeleton heard it. his eyes moved from your hair to your face, now chucking to your reaction. seeing you this nervous around him was truly entertaining to him. after a while like this, your hair was finally dry. "there we go! wasn't so bad, was it?" he teased you. you chuckled a little to his sentence, rubbing the back of your neck. he was now drying himself until his hair was dry and silky again, running a hand through it to fix it. "now... let's show you to everyone, shall we?"

later that evening, Ernesto gave a tour around the mansion, while also bragging about you to his friends and fans. you were walking up the stairs to the mansion, Ernesto's hands on your shoulders. soon, he saw two skeleton figures of his friends, Jorge Negrete and Pedro Infante. 

"hey, Negrete! Infate!" he approached the men and hugged them by their shoulders like they were buds from high school. they seem to be happy to be in his company as well. you looked at both of them in awe, knowing a lot about them from Mexican history. "have you met my great great-granddaughter?" he asked them as he looked down at you with a proud expression. you nervously smiled as you waved at both of them, and they greeted you as well. 

"hi guys!" you started, looking at them in excitement. Negrete smiled at you back, seemingly trying to keep his chill and fancy vibe. Infate however greeted you back. "why hello, muchacha! you're very cute, aren't you?" he said in a happy smile. You blushed slightly at his comment, and let a little chuckle out. "t-thank you!" you replied quietly. 

After that moment of Ernesto, his friends, and you, you and Ernesto went to the left side of the huge plaza of the mansion, to ride competition horses. you got a little nervous since you never actually rode a horse before. when you and Ernesto reached the starting line, you tried to get up on a horse by yourself but seemed to have a hard time doing it. Ernesto saw your struggle and decided to give a helping hand. he gently grabbed your waist with his hands and lifted you up onto the horse. you blushed to his touch as always but knew you couldn't freeze in nervousness now and used your feet to rightly sit on the horse's back. after that, you placed on a blue helmet you were given by the horse trainer. "w-wait..!" you suddenly let out. "I never rode a horse by myself before.." you said nervously. "who said you had to do it on your own?" Ernesto asked in a kind smirk. suddenly, you felt a bit of pressure behind you, like someone is sitting there. you looked back and blushed lightly to the sight of Ernesto sitting behind you on the same horse, now leaning a bit forward as he held the horse's lash, his two arms were spreading on both of your sides.

soon enough, more people joined in with their horses, ready to go. you got a little intimidated, but you knew you had no chance of falling with Ernesto's arms by your sides. soon enough, the bell rang, and all the horses were on their way. you grabbed nervously on your seat as your horse started running on the fresh, green grass. you could feel the wind blow through your face and hair, and the adrenalin going through your body as you realized you're riding an actual horse (well... a skeleton one). soon enough, you began enjoying this moment and smiled happily as you stared towards the finish line.

Ernesto, however, seemed less interested in winning this race or enjoying the feeling. he made the horse turn to the right to get close to an opponent on a horse, so he could brag about you even more. "my great-great-granddaughter!!" he yelled happily and excitedly, showing you off his with hand. you noticed him yelling towards a person on another horse to show you off, and gave them a big smile as you kept holding on to your seat. the opponent smiled as he saw you, then lost focus on the race, and accidentally fell off his horse. 

you looked back at him in slight shock, but he signals with his thumb up that he was ok, making you chuckle a little. it could also be Ernesto's plan to distract his opponents so he could win this race faster. and as you expected, you and Ernesto were the first to reach the finish line. 

you smiled and cheered happily as everyone clapped for you two, but you couldn't care less about this victory. all you wanted was to bond even more with your great-great-grandfather. and little did you know, Ernesto felt the same way.