Chapter 9:

"I- I like you!"

"Oh!"

"I've liked you for a long time now Stella and I can't find the opportunity to tell you. Hugo even helped me. Can you think about-"

"I've already thought about it!" she said cutting him off. "Look, we've been friends for a long time now. And who knows how long is that! I love you so much too but as a friend. Look how far we've come! And I don't wanna change it. You deserve someone better than me."

"But there's no one better than you!"

She didn't say anything after that and instead looked down. They both stopped for a while. They realized they were shouting at each other.

"So, who do you like?" Sebastian then asked

"Just someone." she said not even looking at him

"Is that someone... Hugo?"

"What?! No, of course not!"

"Then who is it?"

She sighed, "It is him." she had no choice, she had to say it to him, sooner or later. Sebastian wasn't even surprised when she said it was him. He saw this coming. On the other hand, Hugo was there frozen in place. Not thinking it was actually him.

"Woah! She likes me!" he said, whispering

"Good luck with him, Stella!" Sebastian said trying to walk away

"I hope he likes you too." he added. Then Stella grabbed his hands and kissed him in the cheeks. And she gave him a smile then she walked away.

As Stella started to walk away, Hugo then popped up and scared her.

"Wha- what are you doing here?"

"I heard you like me." he said smirking again and crossing his arms

"Oh uh you see-" before she could even finish, Hugo was already hugging her. She sighed and hugged him back.

"Congratulations, to the girl I used to love for so long." Sebastian said crying when he saw them

***

Its morning and the day of Stella's competition. Stella was getting dressed when Hugo came in

"Oh hey Hugo!" she said happily

"Morning princess. You look good today!"

"Why thank you!"

Hugo then back hugged her. Then she hugged him back. Little did they know, Sebastian was looking at them from behind the door with a frown on his face. Stella and Hugo aren't official yet. They're still close friends for now (and when I say close friends I mean friends with benefits 😏) , but they do know they have feelings for each other. They then broke the hug.

"Here, I'll give you something."

"What is it?"

Hugo then started to put it in her neck. It was a necklace that was shaped like a star.

"Aww, it's so pretty!"

Hugo then gave her a smile, "This is worn by my mother before. And it's the only thing that reminded me of her."

Before Stella can even ask, Hugo then explained.

"She died in a car crash with her friends before. She loves this necklace very much!" he said, his eyes getting teary

"Oh, I'm sorry Hugo." she said hugging him again

"I'm fine and I'm sorry."

"Don't be!"

They had a very long silence, Sebastian still listening to them.

"Can I ask you something?" Hugo then asked

"What is it?"

"Uhm... How about your mother?"

At first, Stella didn't answer and then she said, "She also died. I mean, I don't know what happened to her. It was a long time ago, I saw both of my parents looking down at me when I was still young. Little did I know, that was the last time I'll see her. Dad said she also got killed in a war but I don't know what war or when was it. But all I'm gonna say is that I want to see her again or at least she'll give me a sign or something."

They both paused again and now Stella started to cry. Hugo then hugged her to comfort her.

"There there. We both grew up without mothers, but it's okay. Look at us alive and healthy with each other!"

"Yeah, thanks!" she said as they continued to hug

Then Sebastian started to walk slow, away from the door. Then the two came out talking about what may happen in the competition. Then Sebastian realized that she was still in love with someone else. He was there crying but accepting the fact that the girl she loved for many years, likes someone else.

A/n: Hellooo can you give votes on my stories, it will help my story get lots of reads and I would appreciate it. Thank youuu :)