Part 6) The escape

This might be short or long not sure because I'm writing this at night and continuing in the morning so...

This took forever to finish because I didn't have the motivation to write any of this but oh well here it is.
——————
I wake up to see it's now night. Tired, I kind of forgot how I got there, then I remembered... I escaped.

I carefully sit up and lean on the tree. I look around for food and see an apple tree nearby.

I make sure no one is around so I could climb down and head towards the tree. I get down and start walking.

As I'm walking, I hear a car. I look at the dirt path to see a big black van. I see in the driver's seat to find Dream sitting there. I start running and running.

Now hiding behind some trees, I hear footsteps and people calling my name.

"Where are you kid?~ You shouldn't have run, we will find you soon~" Dream says

I feel someone grab my arm and drag me. Then Dream grabbed me by my shirt and said to me, "there you are."

I try to get out of his grip but he drags me towards the van. I keep kicking him and finally, he lets go. I start running on the road.

Nothing but plain fields and grass around me, nowhere to hide now. Not looking back, I hear a gun reload.

Bang
Bang

The black-haired boy had shot me in the leg and missed the second shot.

Falling to the ground, I start crying while holding my leg. I limp away slowly but dream walks towards me.

I fall and can't move anymore. All I feel is pain everywhere. Maybe because I was scared? What it because of the bullet? I don't know...

I black out

When I wake up I feel something around my leg. It's bandaged. Why would they help me when I tried to escape?

My eyes open and I see them all sitting around me. Then a knife is put to my neck. "Did you think you could escape? I told you I would find you." Dream tells me, as he pushes the knife further into my neck drawing a bit of blood.

He ties my hands behind my back as he starts putting a pain reliever on my leg. It was starting to hurt less but I was upset I didn't make it out.

So close...

A couple of hours later, I had fallen asleep but was woken by The brown-haired boy carrying me into the basement.

"Careful George, his leg is still sore so dont touch it." George. His name was George, nice name.

George laid me on the mattress that now has no blankets. I quickly open my eyes when I hear the door slam shut.

My wrist starts hurting when I try to rip the rope off my hands. Punishment for escaping. I give up. It's tight on my hands and hurts bad.

Thinking of how to escape, I get bored. I try to stand up but fall because of the pain in my leg. I keep trying but it starts to feel like getting shot over and over again.

Tears fill my eyes due to the pain. There's knocking on the door, it then opens. Standing there is someone familiar...

" I told you I would find you no matter what!" I run to hug them but fall.

"It's okay I got you." His name was Jacob. My best friend found me.
———-
Later

I don't think they know he's down here with me, and I'm glad. They would kill and hurt him.

We are hanging out he is talking to me and I'm listening when the door opened. It's Darryl checking on me.

He stops when he sees Jacob.

Darryl hands me a bowl of crackers and leaves, the first time he came in without saying anything.

I stare at the door for a few seconds until I look back at the bowl and offer it to Jacob.

He declines. "Who was that? Do you think he will tell his friends I'm here?!" I shake my head no and sign with my hands his name.

"Darryl? Is he nice? I hope he doesn't tell them, what do you think they will do to me if they find out?" Yeah, he's nice and I don't know... I sign.

——-
The next day

We both fell asleep on the floor. Someone grabs me but I'm too tired to open my eyes. I get thrown. "Sam. Sam wake up." I hear someone whisper in my ear.

I see Jacob on his knees next to me with his hands tied behind his back.

"He told them I was here. He hit me hard on my head. It's throbbing and I have a headache. Is this what they do to you too?"

I shake my head no. I can't believe Darryl ratted him out. Maybe he was upset I hurt his friends? I hope not.
——
Jacob POV:

I was able to find out where Sam was but now I might die for trying to help him escape. I should've just called the cops.

My hands are tied behind my back using a rope. It's tight and hurts. He just woke up and I know he's scared for me.

I thought that guy was nice, he isn't by the looks of it. Sam is hurt and can't fight back. Neither can I.

This is it I'm going to die. I still have many more years left to live. I'm scared...
——————————————————————————
934 words