05

"What the hell was that, Hana!" Taeyong's voice roared the moment the group stepped into the front hallway; attention immediately averted to theirs as they quietly stepped out of the way.

Hana flashed a small, reassuring smile to the girls before she motioned for them to go, their soulmates guiding them per usual whenever they came back from a mission.

Sion momentarily stopped by to check for possible injuries, but also retreated when Hana shook her head. He also whispered for the leader to calm down before finally walking away.

Now silence engulfed the mansion; the only heartbeats on the open floor were theirs.

Taeyong heaved a sigh, scratching his nape as he started.

"You knew better than to get distracted."

"I am not."

"You are! And you barely kept Minhee in place if it wasn't for Johnny!"

"Yong, I got a little bit distracted for a reason!" she defended, catching the leader off guard with her sudden outburst.

Hana knew better than to tell the truth, or it would just bug her to the very end. Besides, she was also confused about how Doyoung knew Mark, as he stated in the line. Although the name is somehow familiar, she can't pinpoint who it is because it's a common English name.

"And what was in Mark that got you distracted, huh?" he challenged, and the girl stood confidently in front of him.

She pulled her sleeves up, revealing her soulmate tattoo. The rose adorning her skin looked brighter and even healthier than before. Not just that, but the male swerved his attention to the engraved initials.

"Lee Min Hyung. He's my soulmate."

Taeyong's jaw dropped, as the former underboss was the least he expected. Sure, it's a fair agreement when the younger and his own team left the mafia almost 2 years ago, but he still had that issue sometimes, especially when their contact cut off right after that.

Sure, Mark's subordinates are still crashing the house, but Mark himself isn't. It just raised his suspicion: either he did something bad or the younger man really got plainly tired of being in the mafia, just as he reasoned. Nevertheless, he still wants to clear everything.

Maybe the deity of love is also helping him?

"Mark? Mark Lee?"

"And how do you know him?"

"He was my very first underboss, Hana. I briefed you girls about that when you first joined."

Hana's brows knitted, raking the exact scene from her last brain cells for the day—he did?

"I forgot..maybe?" she sighed as her shoulders slumped. "But yeah, I just knew about us being soulmates awhile ago."