Chapter 12: Things Shouldn't Have To Be This Way!

*Alice's/Felicity's POV*

We were walking towards Donkey and Puss In Boots. Zero, Willow and I stopped and stood next to Donkey and Puss In Boots while Shrek carried on walking away.

"Shrek?" Donkey asked.

"Señor?" Puss In Boots asked

"What's going on? Where are you going?" Donkey asked but Shrek continued to walk away.

"Why don't you boys go on ahead and make sure he doesn't do anything reckless? Willow and I will stay here and help Fiona get ready for the ball. The King and Queen would send a search party for us if we left without saying anything." I said.

Willow looked at me confused. "We are?"

I nodded. "Yep."

Zero sighed then nodded. "Alright, but you have to promise me you won't leave the castle under any circumstances, okay?"

Willow chuckled. "We're not baby's Zero."

Zero looked at us sternly. "Promise?"

I rolled my eyes. "We promise. Now go." Zero gave us a small smile and started walking away with Donkey and Puss In Boots.

Without a second thought, I ran over to Zero. "Zero, wait!"

Zero stopped and raised an eyebrow. "What is it-" I leaned up and planted a kiss on his cheek then backed away and smiled. "Be careful."

He placed a hand over the cheek I kissed and nodded. A huge smile broke out on his face. "I will. Catch you later, girls." He gave us a small wave before flying away and catching up to Donkey and Puss In Boots.

Willow placed a hand on my shoulder. "That was cute."

I jumped away in surprise. "What the heck Willow?"

She shrugged. "What? It's great to see the two of you get along like that. You know I'm a sucker for romance, just not as much as you. Also, before you ask....yes."

I looked at her confused. "'Yes' for what?"

Willow chuckled. "If you ever wanted to ask for my approval if Zero being your boyfriend, or if I think the two of you should date each other, etc. etc, then my answer would be 'yes'."

I felt heat on my cheeks rise. "Isn't that a question for dad to answer or something?"

Willow shrugged. "So? Ever heard of the term 'cousins before future husbands?'"

"No, that's not even a saying."

"Well, it is now."

I sweat dropped and shook my head. "Whatever, lets go find Fiona and help her get ready for the ball." She thinks Zero and I would make a great couple...so that means...

"Actually, you go on ahead. There's something I need to do first before worrying about anything to do with the ball." Willow said before heading back into the castle.

I followed her. "Why? What do you plan on doing instead?"

Willow looked lost in thought. "I have to-No..." she shook her head. "I need to find some answers about why anyone would let something as horrible as freezing my parents and my kingdom happen, and see if I can find out who it was that did something like that, and see if there is a way to somehow unfreeze all of them."

I looked at her sadly and nodded. "Alright then. This is something you've always wanted - to know the truth about aunt and uncle after all this time, and now you finally have the chance to do that. Just remember to turn up to the ball on time, Cinderella."