Out of Nowhere

The Doctor's puzzled expression, now blanketed by the darkness, tried to examine the new situation. The Scotsman pulled out some form of glowing wand from his pocket and examined the area around him.
"We can't be!" He exclaimed.
Scrambling past Sarah, he pushed her onto the workbench opposite Mr Smith; before escaping through the door. Sarah instantly bounded after him, like a dog to it's owner; kicking bits of rubble out of her way as she did so. Ever so quickly, Sarah made her way down the stairs trying to tail the silver haired fox. The Doctor stood in the front door frame, frozen. Sarah came running up behind him, almost pushing him out of the door. She placed her head over the wise mans shoulder and stared out into the unknown.
"Doctor where are we?"
"We're in the same place, Sarah, we never moved..." He explained.
No cars, neighbours or the occasional red, autumn leaf like the normal Bannerman road usually presented, instead just a vortex of caliginous space.

The Doctor brushed his fingers through his hair and scratched the back of his head. Out of nowhere, a thunderous whip of cold air blasted out of the ceiling, relieved a blue box from the floor above and sent it tumbling towards the ground.
"Move!" The Doctor demanded.
Several floor panels sprung up, launching bits of rubble across the hallway, as the box landed. A painful wheeze, that could be only described as alien, forced itself out from the box, as a final discharge off glass exploded from the bulb mounted on top.
"Oh my beautiful baby!" The Doctor cried out.
Sarah-Jane looked at him in astonishment before blurting;
"Er... Doctor, my roof?"
"Yes, yes, worry about your roof in your own time Sarah." He snapped.
A belated entry from Sarah's phone made it's entrance from the floor above and hit the Doctor over the head. Sarah allowed a small giggle to fill to silence, before the Doctor ferociously whipped his neck round to terminate Sarah's laughter.

Sarah lent her hand to the Scotsman. Their frail hands connected and their eyes locked. Memories lapse their minds. The fun, the adventures, the friends and the most certain foes all come flooding back in an avalanche of emotions. Sarah pulled him to his feat and they hugged once again, this time more meaningfully.
"I missed you Doctor."
"I missed you too Sarah." He admitted. A vibrating noise summoned the Doctor and Sarah's attention.
"Sarah, how is someone ringing you, we're in the middle of space."
The pair approach the phone to which the display screen has them both instantly shocked.

*'Doctor' is displayed across the screen*

The Scotsman's previously puzzled expression makes another appearance across his face, as he picks up the phone. Curiosity takes over his mind and forces him to answer.
"Hello..."