Valentine's day

After the party ben didn't go to school for two weeks, his parents had grounded him for it. He was so upset that he couldn't see Connor he cried himself to sleep, as soon as his grounding was over he went shopping for Valentine's Day as it was three days away. He bought Connor a giant card that read 'I can't help falling in love with you' and a teddy bear, he texted Connor asking him to come round on Valentine's Day but he got no reply. He put his phone away and carried on shopping. Three days had passed and the big day had finally arrived, he went on Facebook and updated his status 'Okay it's Valentine's Day and I get to see him,today is gonna be great'. He got everything ready, he made his room look romantic with rose petals and candles, his phone buzzed it was a text but from the last person he expected. It was from Matthew ' Hey I know this is out of the blue but I wanted to wish you a happy Valentine's Day but then I thought nah you wrecked my party, made me cry and not leave my room for a week so I decided to send you this' it was a picture. Ben dropped his phone and fell to his knees, his eyes filling up with tears. "Why would he do this?" he asked himself "I thought he loved me,that's it he's dead" ben picked up his phone and dialled the first number that came to mind '07786995321' a voice answered "Hey Ben, what's up not heard from you in months hun what's up?" Tom asked suspiciously "It's Connor, he cheated on me with Matt of all people, Can I come over please I need hugs?" He said crying his eyes out. "That Prick! Course you can hun, you don't need to ask" he said with concern. "Ok I'll be there in 30 minutes" Ben replied and hung up the phone. He ran downstairs picked up his keys and drove to his best friend's house he was that focused on getting there he didn't know he was over the speed limit, he snapped back to reality and slowed down. He arrived at Toms house, Tom was at the door waiting for him. They both went inside and sat down on the sofa "Hey Tom can we put Netflix on please?" Ben asked "sure, here you know how to work it I'll go and get food and drinks I'll be back in a second" tom said as he stood up and handed Ben the remote control. Within seconds he was back and put the sweets and drinks on the coffee table in front of them, Ben put Love Actually on and cuddled up to Tom with popcorn on his lap "thank you for this" he said "you're the greatest friend in the world" he added. The movie started and they started eating the popcorn, by the middle of the movie the it was all gone and Ben had fallen asleep. Tom picked up Ben and carried him to his bedroom stripped him to his boxers but stopped when he saw the cuts and scars over Ben's body his jaw flew open, he shook his head and lay him down in bed and pulled the quilts over his tired body. He gave ben a quick peck on his forehead and quietly walked out of the room and back downstairs to Netflix, he couldn't get the image of Ben's perfect body covered in all of those scars "I'll speak to him when he wakes up" he said to himself as he put on American horror story and filled a glass full of cherry coke. Bens phone started ringing and Tom answered when he saw the caller ID "Right you little prick I don't want you anywhere near Ben do you understand that means no talking to him, no calls,no texts, no anything okay? Or you will have me to deal with" and with that tom hung up the phone and turned it off. "Nobody is going to break his heart and get away with it" he said as he punched the sofa.