Secrets and Lies

As Matthew pulled into his drive he sat and waited in the car thinking about what he had said in the music room and what he did to Ben when he was walking out of school, these thoughts made him realise something, what if it was the other way around? What if Ben bullied him how would he feel. Mathew shed a tear thinking about it so he grabbed his bag from the passenger seat and rushed inside. As he rushed inside he threw his bag onto the floor and sprinted to his room when he got there he slammed the door and stripped to his boxers and stood in front of his mirror, he too had scars not as many as Ben but he still had a lot. He then searched around his room for is blade "yess!" He screamed when he found it. Nobody knows about his cuts except him not even Lewis or the football team, he always wears an extra shirt. He ran to his bathroom and put the blade to his chest and cut and again on his arms he only stopped when he felt his arm go numb, he backed up against the wall and slid down it. "Why do I have to be gay?" He cried "why can't I be normal?, nobody can ever know about this. Ever" he cried to himself. After a while of crying he dried up the blood he went and sat on his bed and thought to himself 'I need to speak to ben and apologise but he won't speak to me, I need to get him on his own. Maybe if I ask Lewis he could help me?' He picked up his phone and dialled lewis' number it rang for a while "come on Lewis pick up its urgent" he said with his leg shaking. Finally he answered "hello" a voice came from the other side "Lewis is that you?" Matthew replied "No it's Ben why? Lewis has gone out and left his phone I can tell him you have called if you want?" Ben said with anger in his voice. "Actually Ben it's you I wanted to speak to I wanted to apologise but not over the phone in person if that's ok? I'll meet you at mcdonalds I'll buy you one of you want?" Matthew said with his heart racing "meh why not but it can't be McDonalds though they have too much fat in them how about buy me a subway and explain yourself and its a deal" Ben joked. " ok deal meet me at 8" Matthew said and hung up the phone. He then rushed in the shower and washed all the dried blood and got dressed in clean clothes and transferred some money to his card. This will be the day he can finally tell someone the truth. But he wonders will it go down well?