𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝕊𝕆 𝕎𝔼 𝕄𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝔸𝔾𝔸𝕀ℕ ~ 𝟙

she waited impatiently for him to arrive.

her moms texted her saying he'd be there soon. soon is a very stupid word, and i think we can all agree.

it means "somewhere in the near future" but how near is the future that is near?? that's the real question.

but that's very besides the point. nini wasn't the most patient person ever plus this was her ex. aWkWaRd.

***

he saw her in the distance and ran up hugging her.

she dropped her bags throwing her arms around him.

"i missed you" she said into the hug.

"me too" he mumbled back.

they released the hug and smiled at each other.

"let's go, i'll grab your luggage" he said taking her luggage as she grabbed her bag that she dropped.

he put the bags in trunk and he drove to her house.

***

"um, so how's life in la?" he asked clearing his throat.

"it's good, a bit lonely at times. but i have a few friends. so that's good" she spoke smiling at him as he drove.

"that's good, don't really have any friends in chicago, most people there are boring"

she laughed, which made him laugh.

"anything iNtErEsTiNg happen lately?" she asked, trying to get more info.

"oh uhm i just broke up this girl i'd been dating for a while. but that's about it" he spoke in an awkward tone. i mean talking about your ex with another of your ex's is- *clears throat*

"oh, i hope you're ok"

"yeah no, i'm fine. we didn't really have a connection. like you should when you're in a relationship" he spoke.

she nodded.

***

they pulled up to her house and sat in the car.

"do you want me to help you unpack?" he asked, hoping to spend more time with her.

"you really don't have to" she said shaking her head no.

"but i really want to" he said shaking his head no.

she laughed and let out a "fiiiine"

***

"thank you for helping me ricky" she said as she stood facing him on her porch.

"it was no problem, anytime" he said with his stupidly adorable smile.

she grabbed his face with her right hand and kissed his cheek.

"g-goodnight nini" he said before walking away.

"goodnight, ricky" she whispered to herself.

she closed the door and was in an obvious oblivion of thoughts all of them consisting of ricky.

"what was that?" mama c said coming from the kitchen, drying her hands with a towel.

"nothing" she said quickly

her mom gave her a look. "you sure, cause it looked like something" she said.

"it was nothing!" nini yelled from her room.
________________________________
(word count: 444) back then i had no clue how to emote- but i've gotten better lol. hope u enjoyed 🧍‍♀️✨

(sorry for any grammatical errors!!)