Part 8

Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)

The next fighter is shown to be Goku again, but this time it wasn't Black, which relieved the cast. Goku is seen standing with his fists clenched and as he powers up, everyone expected him to be in his regular Super Saiyan form, but much like with Goku Black, this form is completely different than what they expected. The form is nearly identical to the first form, the only main differences being that the hair and irises are now cyanish blue in color (albeit the irises change to a slightly darker color than the hair), paired with a vibrant, fiery, electric blue aura. The aura surrounding the form also appears to be glittering somewhat, with small sparkling particles of energy traveling upwards within the flames, with occasional surges of electricity.

Goku (Super Saiyan Blue): Let's hurry up and get this started!

The annotation reads "Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)".

Everyone was amazed by the sudden change in Goku's appearance. Though, some of them questioned why Goku suddenly had blue hair instead of gold hair.

"So... what is this? Super Saiyan with "Blue" hair-dye?" Weiss joked, with others giggling.

"Neptune, are you sure you're not related to me?" Sun jokingly asked the sea boy.

"Just because he has my hair colour, that doesn't mean he's like me!" Neptune answered with annoyance.

"Ren, can you fill us in on Goku's new form?" Yang asked.

"Sure thing. This form is called "Super Saiyan Blue", which is the shortened term for its original name "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan". This is a form that combines the power of a with the first form." Ren told the group.

"Wait, Goku's a god now?! How much is he gonna impress us?" Jaune was shocked at the word 'god'.

"No, it's just that Goku and Vegeta both possess the energy of a god, but they are not gods unless they choose to become one. Goku is a God among Saiyans, though he isn't a God in the conventional way, he's just super powerful, that's all - it's just a title." Ren calmed the knight.

"This form can be accessed by absorbing the powers of a god, activating them and then transforming into a Super Saiyan, or through vigorous Ki control training with a God or an Angel with Godly Ki/Divine Energy and then obtaining that Godly Ki for oneself. In Goku's own words, this form is what happens when a " further transforms himself into a Super Saiyan". Simply, it is the first Super Saiyan form combined with the power and crimson godly ki of a Super Saiyan God turned cyan blue, due to a mortal absorbing it. The form can be obtained by a Saiyan who has become a Super Saiyan God and then retained the power; if the Saiyan utilizes the might of Super Saiyan God and then attempts to transform into a Super Saiyan, they will instead naturally evolve into a (Super Saiyan Blue or , depending on the individual's status). And reactivating their non-god enhanced Super Saiyan form."

"So a Super Saiyan who's as strong as a Super Saiyan God yet is not a Super Saiyan God is now the Super Saiyan version of that?!" Weiss questioned, while accidentally biting her tongue trying to spit all that information out.

"... Something like that, yes." Ren said.

"But how does one actually acquire this so-called 'God Ki'?" Pyrrha questioned.

"A ritual is needed in order to achieve the Super Saiyan God transformation. It requires five righteous Saiyans to perform and a sixth Saiyan to channel the ritual and Ki into. The selected Saiyan to ascend will have the two Saiyans next to the target place their palms on the user's back, while the user faces away from the group. Next, instead of concentrating their Ki into the body, they must pour their heart into them. Blue aura appears around the group, shrouding each individual in the ritual. At this point, the user begins to experience a significant amount of pain. A blue aura starts to appear from one of the Saiyans, eventually transferring it into the Saiyan who is about to become god through the other five Saiyans. The user rises up and becomes a pinkish-red silhouette of themselves. Next, the user becomes a shadowy figure, before emitting a huge light and appearing again in their natural form. The end result is the user's ascension into the Super Saiyan God form." Ren flipped through two pages of the encyclopedia and showed everyone an image of Super Saiyan God Goku. When in this form, the Saiyan's general appearance has only slight differences: the most notable change is the slight pink skin tone and hair that is a shade of red. In this form, Goku possesses magenta red colored hair. The hair retains its natural style but becomes more refined (losing any stray hairs). His eyes become more detailed and the irises become red (generally appearing as more relaxed even in battle until sufficiently angered). His overall body structure appears to become younger and thinner in frame and build. The aura of the Super Saiyan God resembles a raging fire.