ch.2 // romeo and juliet

"Small-town boy in a big arcade, I got addicted to a losing game"

-

Chat Noir / Adrien's POV:

"I'll go grab you a chair." Marinette says before walking out of her room and going downstairs.

I walk around her room and find her collection of movies. And I found the Ladybug and Chat Noir movie sitting in the pile.

"I'm back, here's your chair." Marinette says walking back into her room. She puts the chair down and walks over to me.

"You wanna watch a movie about your favorite superhero with your favorite superhero?" I say holding up the CD case.

"Yes I would love to, but Ladybug isn't here." She says with a smirk.

I've never seen this side of Marinette. Normally around me at school she just confuses her words and makes me laugh. But when I'm Chat she has jokes, I like this side of her.
(not in a crush way just in general)

"Well, do you wanna watch the movie with your favorite superhero's partner?" I say walking towards her TV.

"We really need to do my homework Chat." She responds.

"Ya know your just like Ladybug." I say with a shrug.

"Wha-what does that mean." she says panicked. That's much more like the Marinette I know.

"I try to make plans with her and then she tells me no everytime. I just wanna spend time with my bugaboo. It honestly hurts a little. " I say in looking at the floor.

"Oh, well Chat I'm sure she doesn't want to hurt your feelings" Marinette says more relaxed.

"But it does, she says there is another boy she is in love with. What does he have that I don't. No one can love her and care for her as much as I do. I've loved her ever since the first time she stood up to Hawkmoth. And if she loved me back I would be the greatest boyfriend to her. I know it. She deserves the world, I want to give it to her. She is smart, confident, kind, beautiful and so much more. Whoever she is behind that mask. I love her." I say with confidence.

I look over at Marinette and her eyes are open wide and her cheeks are pink.

"I'm sorry," I say. "I think I overshared a little."

"No, no you didn't. You seem really worked up over this. Have you ever had someone to talk to about it." she says grabbing my arm and sitting me down on the floor with her.

"No not really, only my kwami and he is no help." I say with a slight laugh.

"Well you can always stop by and talk to me. You're a superhero you don't need anymore stress over silly things like girl drama than you already have." she says with a smile.

"Thank you Marinette, your a really great girl."

Marinettes POV:

"Thank you Marinette, your a really great girl."

I never realized how much I affected his emotions as Ladybug. He really loves me. Well part of me, if he knew who I was behind the mask he would change his mind. I'm sure of it. But he never has anyone to talk to about how he feels. I feel bad enough rejecting him, I might as well let him vent to me, right?

"So homework?" He says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, let's do some homework."

- The next morning -

"Marinette, Marinette, MARINETTE!" I wake up to Tikki screaming my name.

"Tikki, what's wrong has someone been akumatized?" I ask in panic.

"No Marinette, you're gonna be late for school. You and Chat Noir were up late last night." My kwami responds.

I thought I was dreaming Chat being here, I guess it was real. I still feel so terrible about ghosting him as Ladybug whenever he asks me to hangout. All those sweet things he said about me, I'm such a terrible partner. Even if I don't have the same feelings towards him as he does for me, it's not like we can't hang out after missions sometimes.

"Marinette, you have to leave in 5 minutes come onnn!" Tikki says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Okay okay I'm going." I say in response.

I change into a pink sweats and a white long sleeve cropped top. Something comfy since I'm extra tired today. I throw my hair in a messy bun and put on my white Air Force Ones. I grab my homework that Chat and I worked on last night, my pencil case, and of course Tikki. And I run downstairs and sprint to school.

Chat Noir / Adrien's POV:

"I'm here! I'm sorry I'm late, again..." Marinette says bursting through the classroom door.

"Marinette, take your seat. I'm gonna have to call you parents about your all tardies you've been having." Ms. Bustier says in her calming voice.

As Marinette sits down she makes eye contact with me. Her eyes widen as her whole face begins to turn red as she walks quickly past my desk to sit behind me.

After going over our grammar lesson, Ms. Bustier passes out the script to Romeo and Juliet.

"Since Valentines day is coming up in a few days, I figured a fun way to kick off our Shakespeare unit we could do an out-loud read of the play as a class." She says after everyone received the packets.

"How are we picking parts for the play?" Alix says from the back of the room.

"Great question Alix, I picked out everyone roles last night. Check which part I highlighted for you in the character list on the second page of your packets." She says in response.

"I cannot play Romeo's servant number 1 this is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. I should be playing Juliet." Chloe says in a demanding tone.

"Who is playing Romeo and Juliet?" Rose asks.

I look down at my packet and flip to the second page.

Romeo - Adrien Agreste

"I'm playing Romeo. Who's my Juliet?"

"I-I-I'm playing Juliet." I hear a quiet voice say from behind me.