first day shifting (mcu)

SORRY I HAVENT POSTED IN A LIFETIME!!! here's a brain dump of everything that happened on my first day in my marvel dr. enjoy!

i woke up as the blinds in my room opened to a view of the bustling city below. jarvis reported a sunny day in New York with low chance of rain. it was Sunday, August 9th, 2015. I looked around my room for the first time. it was even better than i had imagined.

the hardwood floor was cold on my feet as i slipped out of bed. i walked over to my closet and picked up my steaming cappuccino fresh from the coffee maker located between my bathroom and closet. i turned around the handle of the mug and got my first look at my superhero name. today was gonna be a big day for me and i needed the caffeine before anything. the coffee was heavenly. cafe du monde was a great way to start the day.

i wanted to see myself in the mirror before anything else. i opened the door to my bathroom and turned left to look at the mirror above my vanity. as i faced my reflection i took a double take.

my eyes are a deep blue and my hair, a dark black. i ran my hands through my hair and took note of the silvery blonde layer hidden underneath. my skin was beautiful and void of any kind of blemish.

the only imperfections in sight were the elevated scars that ran down my neck from the car crash i had been in with my father. the scars looked almost vein-like, crawling down the right side of my neck down to my shoulder. they weren't noticeable unless i moved my hair. when i moved my hair to see, i thought it just made me look like a badass.

i still couldn't fully comprehend the fact that i finally made it so i leaned over the counter and turned on the faucet. i splashed cold water on my face to see if it felt real. it did, i felt everything. i turned the tap off and took a step away from the sink so i could take a better look at myself. i was hot. my body was toned and i looked strong but not in an obnoxious way. i had the body i had so long dreamed of, except now it was a reality. i admired the tattoo on my wrist. the clear ink was barely visible but i could still make out the constellations.

i wanted to use my powers but not until i was fully ready. i exited my bathroom and went straight to the doorway of my closet. i went over to the screen on the left side and tapped the screen to turn it on. i was a little overwhelmed by the outfit options so i clicked the button Choose For Me. The racks of clothes moved around until my outfit came to the front. a metal claw picked the top and bottom off of the hanger and moved them out of sight. next thing i knew a small wooden box on the right side opened and my outfit lay perfectly folded, accessories and all. i had a clothes vending machine. this was amazing.

i slipped on my outfit for the day and went back to the bathroom to take a look in the mirror. i realized i still had bead head so i quickly ran my fingers through my hair an styled it into a sleek ponytail. my makeup was already done so i walked over to the seating area of my room. i set my coffee down on a coaster and sank into the sofa. i knew this was the moment i had been waiting for. i didn't quite know how to activate my powers so i just tried to visualize the air above the coffee table becoming solid. instantly my hair changed to a translucent blue and my wrist tattoo glowed. i reached out to touch the air, and sure enough, solid. this was incredible. i wasn't sure if i wanted to try the weaponized versions of my powers until i was in the training room. i wanted to test the portals next so i picked up a book from under the table, and visualized a portal appearing in front of me connecting to the chair across the room. a portal appeared. easy as that. i dropped the book through the portal and it landed with a thump on the chair.

now for the big moment. i knew it was time to meet the avengers. i walked to my door and twisted the handle open. i walked down the short hallway until i reached the open living room area. i could see steve sitting at the bar one floor up. i was overwhelmed with emotions. this was real. i took a second to admire the tower. everything was bigger in real life. i made my way up the stairs to where steve was seated. i said good morning as if i wasn't freaking out internally and he said morning back. i walked behind the bar top and grabbed myself a premade mango smoothie bowl and a cup of matcha. i sat down next to steve and he asked me how i slept. i told him i slept well. i was making small talk with steve rogers. he complimented my outfit and i noticed him steal a glance at the scar on my neck. i realized that it was a sore spot since the crash killed my dad, his son. it was crazy how i just knew things. i had so many memories of things in my new life. i understood that steve knew that it was bucky who killed my dad, but i also understood that he doesn't know i know that so i have to keep my trap shut.