The Fight

Galfore and his ground forces stand on the outskirts of Capital City and wait for their correspondent to arrive. The Tamaranian Insurgence consists of about sixty men and women armed with silver staffs, bows, quivers, and swords. They stand on every side of Galfore, ready for the fight of their lives. Galfore presses his communicator and tries to decipher when his informer will arrive. 

Suddenly, a few soldiers stand back as a small man emerges. He shifts on his feet nervously as he approaches Galfore. "I tried everything, sir," he says, "But I couldn't free the Waynes. They were too heavily guarded and I-"

Galfore places his large hand on the small lieutenant's shoulder, "It is not your fault. We will just have to liberate them all at once." Galfore turns to a female warrior, "Send the signal to the princess."

The woman nods and taps her communicator. On the opposite side of the city, Mar'i gets a message from her communicator. Jon and Damian hover over her shoulder and read with her at the same time. 

Your parents are alive and in the palace. They have been prepped for the ceremony and are in the main hall. We'll handle them. Save the Waynes, then meet us in the main hall.

We'll see you on the other side. 

-The Insurgence

Damian stands and faces the palace, "What are we waiting for? My family is in there." 

Jon places a hand on his best friend's shoulder, "We'll save them Dami. It'll all work out." 

Mar'i hovers slightly and Jon follows suit. Mar'i holds her hand out to Damian and he takes it. Jon and Mar'i fly quickly and silently to the nearest palace window. Jon uses his laser vision to cut through the thick glass. Damian slides the glass out of the way and hops into the window. Mar'i follows and Jon seals the window behind them.

Damian unsheaths his katana and slips into the shadows. Mar'i hovers in the middle of the hallway while Jon watches their backs. Damian checks the scans Galfore gave them and motions for the team to follow him. 

When they reach the first cell on Galfore's maps, Damian hacks into the security lock and the door slides open. Before anyone can look inside, Jason comes charging out of the cell swinging his fists and screaming. 

"Ahhh! Stay back! You're not taking anyone else!" Jason's yells start to die down when he realizes he isn't in danger. 

"Todd," Damian says breathlessly. 

Jason turns around and notices his little brother, "Dami? What-" Before Jason can finish his sentence, Damian wraps his brother into a tight hug. Jason's eyes widen and he looks down at Dami. "Kid, I'm not going anywhere," Jason says, "I'm here. I'm here."

Damian pulls away and wipes his eyes, "Don't be ridiculous, Todd. I knew you'd be fine. You're too stubborn to die."

Jason smirks as Mar'i and Jon join in on the hug. "Hey, kids," he says, "Come on, we've got more people to save." Damian hands Jason a pistol from his utility belt and Jason smiles, "For me? Dami, you shouldn't have." 

Jason cocks his gun and the new and improved team heads to the next cell. Jason helps Jon watch their backside while Mar'i and Damian open the door. Inside the cell, Bruce stands up and blocks Alfred with his body. Damian runs into the cell and embraces his father. Bruce holds onto his son and a few tears brim in his eyes. 

Jason runs into the cell and helps Alfred up. "Where's Tim?" he asks Alfred. 

"We thought he'd be with you?" Alfred whispers.