IV

We pulled near the coast guard once again and noticed a large crowd.  The five of us decided to join some of the people we recognized over to the side. As we sat there we noticed that there was a guy being wheeled out on a gurney.

"Whos that?" John B asked some random girl.

"Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm, " She answered, " Check out this picture I got, Dead Body."

What is wrong with this girl? She took a picture of a dead guy and then showed it to us. There are several things wrong with that. I almost threw up at the sight of the picture. I only looked for a couple of seconds before I had to look away.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked. 

"Somehow that dirtbag coped a brand new Grady-white, " the girl said, " Everyone's out looking for it."

Shit, We were just in a dead guy's motel room. Well, I wasn't but you know what I mean.

"Can we go, " I asked, " I'm not feeling too good."

Non-verbal yeses went throughout the group as we got up and left.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Pope and Kie had to do some stuff for their parents for a little bit so we dropped them off. Pope also said we'd all have to talk later. So that left JJ, John B, and myself in the house for a little bit.

JJ runs to the front porch first and pulled out a joint, it wasn't very much of a surprise.

"JJ, is that weed?" I asked. I don't know why I did but I did and there was no going back.

"I think you know the answer, princess," He said taking a hit. 

That nickname he gave me last year never fails to give me butterflies. It had come out of nowhere. John B was very against it. Every time JJ would say it John would turn bright red with anger. Eventually, JJ only started calling me that when it was just the two of us, which wasn't often.

"And you're not going to offer me some" I respond.

Before JJ could answer, John B interrupted, "No, we need to talk, Beverley" he grabs my wrist, pulling me up from my seat.

"Damn, okay," I said walking into the house. Full naming me, this has got to be bad.

John B and I walk into the house sitting at the dining table. I haven't seen John B look so serious in all of the time I've known him, and that's our whole lives, literally.

" So, uh, " John B says as his stern expression falters, " JJ, huh" He then wiggles his eyebrows.

" Was this what you wanted to talk about," I asked thoroughly confused.

"You're avoiding my question" John B responds.

"Yes! Okay, I like JJ. " I answered, "I don't get why this matters?"

"It's My job to know who my twin sister likes," He replied, " and may I also remind you of the rule, No-"

"No Pogue on Pogue macking, I know" I cut him off. After that, there was a short silence.

"So, uh," I said mimicking John B, " Kiara, huh" also copying his eyebrow movements from earlier. 

"What," John B said confused.

"It's totally obvious that you're in love with her." 

" I am not" 

"It's okay John B, I think she likes you back."

"You and JJ need to mind your own businesses."

"If multiple people see it, it must be true."

"Just shut up" As John B says this I hear a car pull up.

"fine but only because Kie is here," I replied getting up to join JJ on the front porch.

"what was that about," JJ asks as I sit in the chair next to him.

"Just John B prying into my business," I respond, "like always."

Soon after john b joins us outside and Kie makes her way to the porch. The four of us sit on the porch for a while just talking, until we see Pope storm up the front steps franticly. 

"Okay, um, we didn't see anything, " He says still frantic, "We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

JJ replies getting up from his chair, "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money," Kie interjects.

"Okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara," JJ said. Uh oh JJ used her full name

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs." Kie responded, "Otherwise, it's bad karma."

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too," Pope added.

"We gotta go dark," I said.

"If that means we get to keep the money then I agree," JJ announced.

"I don't agree" John B interjected. " what?" JJ responded.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, " John B continued, "Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'." 

JJ wanted to fish so we decided to go to the edge of the dock to fish. As soon as we got there, John B started to conversation again.

"All right, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B asked.

" Prostitution," Pope said sarcastically.

I once again stopped listening because this whole thing is stupid. And there was no way I'd get a word in. Thats the one down-side of being Jon B's sister, he always takes over thinking he knows whats best for you. 

I was sat on the old wodden railing of the small dock next to JJ so I leaned over and said, " What are you trying to catch?"

"No clue." He answered, throwing the fishing line out into the water.

A couple of seconds later John B called for JJ to say something and his response was, "They were straight smuggling" Then JJ caught something and said "Fish on" I laughed and shook my head. 

The group decided that they were done fishing and went back to the house. Then we went to John B's room for some reason. And once we got there the conversation about the money and the boat started up again. I'm actually done with this conversation.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it," Pope started, "it probably belongs to someone else."

"Minor details." Kie interrupted.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." Pope continued.

" Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time," JJ countered, "All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal."

" How exactly do we do that?" Pope asked.

"Kegger?" Kie and I said at the same time.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈