Prologue

"Tick Tock..."

"I think it's all towards the end..."

The woman muttered those words, almost like a chant, as she stood on the edge of the building of their school, looking at the sorcerer with that lifeless gaze. Her gaze told him that there's nothing hope left inside of her, consuming all catastrophic thinking, and all she can do to end this suffering is to die.

Die with a smile.

He couldn't sense any cursed spirits weighing down on her. He was informed that she was the cursed spirit in this school, yet why does it feel like she is not the one? A mere troubled human was being accused as one of those disgusting species. He froze to his position and swallowed nothing — guilt was slowly consuming the man himself.

As people suggested, they wanted her to be killed whether she is innocent or not. She needed to die for the sake of everyone's safety. That is his mission, isn't it? His first mission as a young sorcerer. The woman was expecting him and waited for him there, yet he didn't do anything but stand and stare at those lifeless gaze and hopeless smile.

He will kill her, but the other way around. There could be another way.

"This is not the end..."

"Let's cherish each other's words..."

"I will spend whispering hues of hope to you..."

"Even if it will hurt us in the end."

Those words meant nothing to the woman, but it indeed... became a curse between them.