IT'S A LOVE STORY

"How'd you two meet?" asked Minji suddenly, as she watched Jimin sit on the couch beside Jungkook.  "And I don't want the usual 'God brought us together.' You have to tell me the truth."

Jimin scratched his neck awkwardly. "Well, honey, we met in college."

Deciding to save his mate from the embarrassment, Jungkook piped up, "We'll tell you when you're older, Minji."

"That's what you told me when I was 10. I'm 17 now, Dad."

Jimin gripped Jungkook's forearm, an encouraging look in his eyes. "Fine," sighed Jungkook. "We met at Jimin's best friend Taehyung's party."

And Minji couldn't believe she'd finally managed to make her parents give up and tell her. She watched excitedly as their eyes took on a faraway look. And she felt herself get lost in the story, as if she was right there with them and watching them fall in love.

~

Jimin was panicking. Like actual hands-shaking-and-sweating-like-a-pig panicking. Taehyung was about to come, guests were already filling in his parent's house where he was hosting the party (the dorm rooms were too small to hold a party and his grandparents had kindly offered their place and left for the day) and he still hadn't managed to pipe 'Happy Birthday, Taehyung' onto the cake.

You're probably wondering why he didn't just buy the cake from a bakery. Well, he knew how much his best friend liked personal gifts and what screams 'I care about you' more than a cake made by someone who'd never baked in his life?

So there he was, trying to keep his hands from shaking long enough for him to pipe the words but no, life never wanted to be right for him. His hair was a black disarray, his fancy clothes were hidden by an apron splattered with powders of different colours. And stupid, stupid Jimin had made Yoongi incharge of inviting people and now the house was filled with practically everyone from their year. 

He was ruining his nonexistent image. He'll kill Yoongi later. Right now he just has to finish this goddamn cake. 

Jimin glanced at the front door as it opened again, praying that it wasn't Yoongi with a blindfolded Taehyung. 

Well, it wasn't. For a group of tall, bulky and downright scary students came in-the football team. He just hoped they wouldn't notice him, see him looking like a total mess and look down upon him. But the odds were not in his favour. Because the most popular student of their badge, actually, the most popular student in the university, the ace of the football team, Jeon Jungkook locked eyes with him.

He wanted to run away. Not because of how he looked at that time, but because of how intense yet oh-so soft Jungkook's gaze was. Jimin averted his eyes and busied himself by taking in Jungkook's attire. His broad, muscular frame was accentuated by a black shirt that was torturously fitting and a pair of black trousers.

 It just wasn't fair. If he would never be his then why was he so tempting?

Thinking that Jungkook obviously wouldn't still be looking at him, he lifted his gaze back to the alpha's face. And there was that cocky, teasing smirk on his lips that Jimin wanted to wipe off of his face. With his own lips. Just ugh. But what made it worse was that his gaze was still on him. So he knew that Jimin just checked him out. Double ugh.

Enough of that, he told himself sternly, you have complete the cake. And somehow he managed to do it. But he could feel a lingering stare on him, taking in the slightest of his movements as though he was a criminal being observed. 

The party went smoothly, despite Jimin's suspicions and worst case scenarios. And he dragged Taehyung to the centre of the room, where the music was the loudest and soon enough, the place was filed with sweaty, dancing bodies and when Jimin was sure Taehyung was having fun and didn't need him, he quietly slipped away. He loved dancing, he really did but doing it in public was not his thing.

But he felt himself getting pulled by the elbow and he gasped, his other hand coming up automatically to save himself from whatever danger was looming. His back hit a hard surface and he pulled away, the hand holding his elbow doing nothing to restrain him and he turned around to come face-to-face with Jungkook.

Jimin perked up an eyebrow. "That's hardly a way to get someone's attention. That too someone you don't even know."

There was an amused smile adorning the alpha's face. He said, "I'm Jungkook." And offered his hand.

Jimin shook his hand, still looking at him skeptically. "Jimin."

"Would you like to dance with me?"

He stared at Jungkook incredulously. Why exactly would a guy who has practically all of the omegas wrapped around his finger want to dance with him of all people? Was this some horrible conspiracy with the goal of humiliating him in his own house? 

But Jungkook's doe eyes seemed so sweetly sincere-a creature as majestic as him could never do anything bad, right? But then again dancing with him at a party with everyone from their batch would mean lots and lots of gossip. Whispers in the hallway saying that he didn't deserve Jungkook's attention.

"I can almost see the wheels turning in your head," the alpha murmured, his smile now tender. And his gaze was like liquor, floating with invitation. "It's a love story, baby, just say 'yes.'"

And though he was shocked, his cheeks flushed and he bit his lips to keep himself from beaming at the alpha's smoothness. Just one romantic line had him swooning. God, he was a weak man.

So Jimin said yes to Jungkook that night. And to a lot of things in the future. 

But the Jimin of that day didn't know what would happen later. Yet as he spun around in Jungkook's arms under the yellow lights, he thought that maybe those reveries he had as a teenager would come true after all. 

***

Love Story is such a nice song. Almost makes you believe there's someone out there for you.

Where's my Romeo at? (Update: i think I've found mine ;) 

Don't forget to vote and comment! And stay safe~

YourHappyPlace