┊diluc

sweet-cigarettes after sx

you and diluc had been friends for years, however your friendship had gotten off to a particular rocky start. throughout the years you shared an immense love-hate relationship towards each other. It didn't help that you were apart of the knights of favonius alongside his brother, kaeya.

you never did find out the reasons for his anger towards you. Instead you just returned those feelings, leading to your clashing relationship.

The two of you were sat by the fire in dawn winery, it was winter so he had invited you in after you crashed on a sled leaving your mind rattled.

"you're really stupid sometimes you know that?" he exclaimed while handing you a hot cup of tea. "not like you don't tell me enough, sorry for the trouble." you glared but accepted the drink, appreciating his effort. "what were you even doing out at this hour??" he questioned. honestly he was right, it was 4am and you'd made quite a ruckus playing outside.

"i just wanted to see the snow i don't know, i actually like the outdoors unlike you" he furrowed his brows at you, taking a sip of his tea. suddenly he went into a fit of coughing, choking on how hot the tea was. at first a tiny part of you was worried but not long later when he seemed okay you burst into laughter. he glared at you once more, which only made you laugh more.

your chest was starting to hurt so you calmed down, taking a biscuit from the tray next to you. it was kind of him to go through all this trouble for you, considering it was the middle of the night. looking to your left at him you noticed his face had transitioned into a soft smile, ruby eyes on the fire. his scarlet-hued hair fell lightly over his shoulder in peak elegance. he was quite pretty in the warm lighting, causing your cheeks to warm up.

"what's wrong?" he questioned. you hadn't realised how long you'd been admiring his features, leading to this embarrassing situation. "what? nothing." was all you could say at the moment, unsure whether or not to keep your thoughts to yourself.

"i seen you, you know" he smirked. "shut up" you turned to face back to the fire, half-eaten biscuit still in hand. "guess what" he said. "what?" you replied arrogantly. "i love you"

you froze, dropping your biscuit in the process. your throat was dry despite gulping down tea. you couldn't speak, thoughts racing.

he'd said it so nonchalantly was he joking? would he go that far with a joke? did he know you've liked him all these years? his hand reached over to intertwine with yours. you felt your heart pound.

his hands were soft and slender, usually fitted with gloves. they were taken care of too, nails trimmed and clean as expected of him. you shook in his touch, not expecting it. turning your head up shamefully to face his he wore a loving expression. a small smile lighting up his face. you'd never seen him make that face before, it made you happy that he showed it only to you.

"i mean it" your heart cracked at his words, he meant it? you were aching to give him a reply yet no words came out "i-" he was so close to your face, hands still intertwined. it was a 50/50 chance you had to try it.

taking your spare hand you placed it on his cheek gently pulling him into a kiss. at first he was stiff, yet relaxed at your touch. the two of you stayed like that for a couple of minutes, pulling away when you got out of breath.

"i take it you feel the same then" a small smile tugged on the edge of his lips. "don't ruin the moment" you joked, in return he laughed along side you for a minute. you felt him shuffle, suddenly getting up, letting go of your hand, and heading towards the back room.

"diluc?" you hopelessly asked. he'd left you all alone for a few minutes, confused as to if you'd done something wrong or not. he returned at last, a blanket in hand. "are you not tired? it's the crack of dawn at this point"

he was being so kind it felt surreal. it's not like he'd treat you badly before, but this was different. he sat on the sofa patting the spot next to him for you to come over.

you followed suit and sat down next to him. he patted his lap, urging you to rest your head. "is that okay with you?-" you didn't want to make him uncomfortable. "i'm the one telling you to so obviously, i don't mind. i might change my mind you know." you did as was told and lay your head on his lap, he placed the blanket gently over your body.

he started softly stroking your hair, strands of it falling behind your ear. his hand ended up resting on your cheek, gently rubbing his thumb over. his hands were cold, but warm at the same time.

he was perfect it seemed, but still you weren't used to this sudden switch up from him.  "are you embarrassed?" he asked half heartedly, breaking the silence. "what? no." it was evident in your answer that you were.

he chuckled, his laugh almost echoing through your ears. "it's fine, you deserve some sleep now" and with that you curled up, melting in his touch and falling asleep. he held you the whole night, never letting go.

you could hardly complain.

-