┊xiao 3

you awoke from your groggy state, your pillow feeling extremely soft and warm. you nuzzled your face into it, strange you thought, it didn't really fluff up. you slowly fluttered your eyes open, in wonder of what was wrong with your pillow.

you froze, you were nuzzling into xiao, his hands delicately wrapped around your waist, holding you tight. he was still asleep, yet you were freaking out right now. your face was bright pink like never before.

but he was so warm, and smelled so good you thought. never would he give you this type of affection if he were awake. you brushed the thoughts aside, right now you had to focus on what to do.

suddenly he grunted, arms hugging you tighter than before. you almost squealed, deciding on pretending you were asleep.

he slowly rolled over lazily, taking you with him. your legs were now intertwined, his hair coiled around the back of his neck, some parts now intertwining with strands of your own

his sleeping face was so, peaceful and calm. his eyes relaxed, mouth slightly parted with little pink cheeks. he looks pretty, you thought smiling to yourself gleefully.

suddenly, his brow twitched slightly furrowing. his then parted lips now shaped into a wry frown. he looked as if he was in pain, anguish and suffering washing over.

his breathing sped up, nightmare? you thought. you wanted to help him, but there was nothing you could really do. you didn't know him well enough to comfort, but he was definitely troubled by something large.

his eyes slowly twitched, the nightmare must've been too much. you immediately closed yours, only squinting a little to see if he'd wake up. he did just that.

rapidly sitting up, breath ragged, sweating. his eyes scanned the room, fear-filled. taking a deep breathe he calmed himself, slowly. averting his amber orbs they landed on you, slumped next to him.

holding a plain expression he poked your cheek a little, making sure you were asleep. you tried your best not to laugh at the act. once he had made sure, you could practically hear his heart speed up.

slowly squinting your eye a little, you placed one on him. you'd never seen someone blush more. his face was completely red, eyes wildly searching for a solution to this. his shoulders dropped, what to do?

slowly, he shifted your body towards the free part of your futon, gently unwrapping his hands in the process. when he had finally heaved you away a deep breathe was taken.

hesitantly, he softly pushed a strand of your hair down, unblocking your face. it tickled, fighting the immense urge to giggle.

he backed away "fuck". you heard him stand up, door creaking open and soon coming to a close, footsteps a while away by now.

that was awkward.

-

you were both sat at the table opposite each other once more, children less rowdy than before as it was quite early. their grandmother was the one making breakfast for you all. you'd offered to help, to which she politely declined.

the air was still between you and xiao, not a word being shared. he'd been ignoring you all morning, doing his best to avoid confrontation at all costs.

abruptly, a plate containing plenty of hot hash browns was placed before you. the woman sat at the head of the table. "eat up" and with that you dug in, licking your lips excitedly.

xiao simply raised a brow at your jolliness, taking a fork and politely eating up. "so, how'd you two meet? you look like such a nice couple!" the woman said with full confidence.

xiao's fork fell, his expression blank for a second, lips slightly parted in awe. "sir your fork?" she inquired. his eyes shook from the trance, "oh, sorry" he replied while bending down to reach the lost cutlery.

your cheeks held a certain pink wash now, "oh, we're not a couple! haha" followed by awkward laughter coming from yourself. hurriedly you chewed on a hash brown, in hoped the subject would soon be changed. "what? but you look perfect for each other!" she exclaimed, gleaming a bright smile at you.

you practically choked on your food. god. "we aren't together miss." xiao stated firmly. "that's a shame.." she continued on.

the rest of the meal afterwards was filled by curious, personal questions from her about your relationship with each other, added by uncomfortable silence.

-