Chapter 28

"Ugh!" she said as she came upstairs. She couldn't believe Thomas would put her through that torture. And it wasn't even a kiss, it was more like a peck, but still, it made her want to scream. Did she even like Keith that way, why was this so complicated?! So she let Thomas and Emily know she was going to the Elementalian cafe, but really she leaped to the one place she could really think.

"Take me to the grounds on the west side of Dragondale," she whispered into her mapmaker. And she walked the rest of the way until she saw flames shoot up in the sky, only to be extinguished by a burst of water. At first she thought it was the water dragon as she stepped toward the dragons and saw the familiar emerald eyed water prodigy, except she could tell something was wrong as she looked at his frown as he was strewn across the ground like a rag doll.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"You wouldn't get it," he said.

"Try me," she said.

"Family issues," he mumbled softly, his signature smile noticeably missing.

"Oh," she said.

"But that's not the point, why are you here Bianca?"

"You are really asking that when you saw with your very own eyes what happened?"

"Yeah, that was fun," he said.

"And why'd you tell him about that?"

"I didn't see him there, and it's not like I lied!"

"Ugh!" she said, packing as much angst as she could muster into one syllable.

"Dramatic much?" he said as his signature smile returned.

"Ha, ha, very funny," she said, her traitorous lips breaking into a smile.

"Come on," he said as they once again mounted Ember's back.

"I'm coming," she said with pure determination in her gaze.

"Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!" he whooped.

"I'm ready!"