Chapter 36

As she dismounted Ember and came back to Sir Kenneth, she saw the sweat run down his neck, and knew that if it was this hard for him, it would be 1,000 times harder for her. Then she saw these bizarre sights approaching Ember. It was a mound of dirt that shook the ground at every step, a wall of water that looked like a sculpture of a dragon, and a tornado that whooshed Bianca's hair around to the point where she knew it looked like a bird's nest. The dragons had come to help Ember, and she knew what they were all doing. So as they got ready to fly away, she walked over to Ember and pressed her face against her snout. Then she did the same thing with Aqua, Tempest, and Everest. And as they flew the scene, Bianca wondered where they were going.

"Goodbye, Ember," she whispered as softly as she could, but almost as if they understood, all four of the dragons let out a groundbreaking roar, that felt like more than a goodbye. It felt like a plea, begging her to keep the city everybody loved safe. A city that had been around for centuries, destroyed because of one fifth element telepath, and one foolish little fire prodigy. So Bianca doubted she could do it.

"Hey, I believe in you," Sir Kenneth said.

"I'll try,"

"On the count of three!" he said.

One!

Two!

THREE!