Chapter 39

The remaining hours she had left in the physician's office were torture, so even though she knew it would be useless, she teleported outside Dragondale and walked the distance and she was surprised at the sight she saw. Resting in their usual spot were all four dragons, gathered around a tall, blond boy. She could tell by the sadness in Keith's eyes that he was upset and she was 100% sure it had something to do with his mom.

"What's wrong?" she asked him.

"My mom is missing," he said with a frown.

"Keith," she said, pausing before she told him the rest of the story. Then she spilled everything to him and by the time she was done she saw a few rouge tears slip down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Keith," she said.

The next day when she saw him, she asked him the question that had been racking her mind constantly.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

"I'm better now that I'm with you," he said with such a sincere smile that it made her blush.

"Keith--"

"No talking," he said.

"You're right," she said, and she leaned in for a kiss that set off fireworks in her mind.

"Wow," Keith said when he finally pulled away.

Then the moment was ruined by someone clearing their throat behind him. And it became even worse as she turned around and realized it was Thomas.

"Oh!! When did you get there!" she said as she jumped.

"Look, I thought that having the talk with you would stop things like this from happening, and I know that I probably won't have that much of a say on this matter, but Bianca let me ask you something. Does this boy care about you and make you happy?"

"Yes," she said, lacing her hands through Keith's.

"That's good enough for me," he said. And then Emily stepped out from behind and gave them the goofiest smile ever. And as Megan and Derek stepped into view, Bianca had to ask,

"How many people watched that happen?!"

"It's just us," Megan said, "but don't worry, we think Biankeith is cute!"

"Thanks," she said as both her and Keith began to turn red.

"We should go do something," Derek suggested.

"Are you guys up for mallowmelt?" Keith asked.

"I'm down," Megan said.

"We'll let you kids go," Emily said.

And they all headed to the Element cafe.