Snow in December.

Okay everyone, this is going to be kind of distressing to some people, some really nasty stuff is said, and I just want y'all to know- Kacy Is a dick.

Anna

Finals, finals before Christmas that stressed me out to absolutely no end. I love school but I hate tests so freaking much.

Harry was helping with my stress though, just as much as I was helping with his- I think.

We were a week into December and I couldn't wait to get home for Christmas, I missed my parents, so much.

I was desperate to get out of Trenton, my whole life I wanted out, but the thought of leaving my parents there made me sick. All they ever did was support me, I was a big surprise, huge, but the raised me and loved me unconditionally nonetheless.

And I missed them all the time, if could go home every weekend I would, for every holiday and occasion I'd be on the first flight out. But it just wasn't practical.

So, I saved all my hugs and kisses for Christmas, when I stayed right through to the day before I had to come back to school.

Ollie had come with me junior year, she stayed in on a blow up bed in my little bedroom and acted like it was the best thing since sliced bread. It was a sleepover every night.

And I really hoped she'd come with me this year too, I liked having her at home with me, it made me feel less lonely.

See, my little neighbourhood wasn't the best.

Kids that used to be my friends were wrapped up in all sorts of seedy crap that we used to be scared of, the girls I hurt because I was insecure were still there. Home was I reminder of who I was, or who I could have been if I didn't get my scholarship.

Ollie kept me in my Harvard bubble while I was away.

I had been building up the nerve to ask her for a few days, not wanting to sound needy but also knowing she was my sister, she wouldn't say anything about me asking.

My window of opportunity had opened, it was Wednesday night, we were on the couch painting our nails, it was us time.

"Do you want to come home for Christmas again?" I blurted out, looking at the side of her head wide eyed.

"I assumed I was," Ollie replied casually, "last year was so fun, plus your mom's a better cook than mine."

My chest fell in relief, suddenly feeling much better about my trip home and a little stupid for getting so worked up about asking her.

"I thought we could ask Ni and Harry too, actually," she began, catching me off guard, "we could all be together for New Years, it'll be fun."

"Harry?" I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, yeah?" She finally looked at me, wearing an unbothered expression. "He hates his dad and you're in love with him, I figured it was obvious."

I snorted loudly, "I'm not in love with him."

"Yeah," she muttered, "sure."

"I am not," I hugged, "I love him, sure, he's like one of my best friends."

Ollie hit her chest with the palm of her hand and made a pained expression like I'd stabbed her, I hit her with a cushion.