Harry Day

Anna

Harry's birthday sort of crept up on me.

January flew by in a flurry of happy moments, dates and waking up to hands in my hair and lips on my shoulders.

I'd never felt so loved by another person as I did Harry, he admired me when I wasn't looking and supported me without need for reward.

Part of me was sad that it took so long to find him, but now I had him I could never go back to the mediocre relationships I had in the past.

We told everyone were together a week or two after we got home, none of them were very surprised.

They boys couldn't believe we were putting a label on it since Harry 'couldn't be pinned down' but he smacked a couple of them upside the head and that way of thinking was put to bed.

Kacy lurked around our happiness whenever we were at the Frat house but even he couldn't put a damper on my mood.

It was clear the attitude towards him had changed in the house, Liam took very little to do with him opting instead to hang out with Gi, Louis and Maggie.

He was different now, not so eager to impress the boys and instead taking Gi on dates and spending the nights with her.

Kacy had been his own undoing socially and I would be lying if that didn't make me a little smug.

On the last day of the month a realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"Shit!" I screeched, pulling my hands off the book I was reading with my legs crossed in bed.

Ollie came barrelling in with a worried expression on her face.

"What!" She cried, "What happened?"

"It's Harry's birthday tomorrow!" I shouted in a panic.

I leapt out of bed and began pulling on random pieces of clothing strewn around my room, I had to get to a mall now.

"You forgot?" Ollie demanded with wide eyes.

"I didn't forget," I exclaimed, shoving my feet into my converse, "I just forgot all the dates between getting back and now."

I pulled on a jacket Harry left the night before, a letterman style jacket I was shocked he owned.

Ollie turned on her heel and zoomed out of the room as I scrambled to find my purse with my wallet in it.

It was at that moment I cursed her for making me have so many of them, which one did I use last? Or which one did I actually leave my wallet in?

I exclaimed victoriously when my brown wallet fell to the floor after vigorously shaking around 10 of them and dove down to pick it up.

My feet carried me into the living room where Ollie was standing ready with her jacket and keys.

"Niall's picking us up in 2," she informed me, "his price was lunch but I think I can get him down to a coffee and a pretzel. Let's move!"

If I wasn't so flustered I probably would have laughed, Harry really put thought into my present and everyone made so much effort for me.

I couldn't believe I dropped the ball on this.

We hurried down the stairs, knocking people out of the way as we barrelled closer to Niall's rescue mission.

Honestly, Harry was really to blame for this.

He made me let loose and forget the days, he made me too damned happy.

What the fuck was I going to get him?

Niall was waiting for us with the engine running when we crashed through the door into the cold afternoon air.