abused

3rd pov

It was silent on Akina, not a sound to be heard, no one awake this early in the morning, until an alarm starts to ring. A pale, slender hand reaches out and turns the alarm off, while helping push the person up on the bed, to make sure they stay awake instead of falling back asleep. The punishment for not doing deliveries is worse than doing them the wrong way. 

Takumi yawns and gets up, getting dressed for school since it will take him several hours to deliver the tofu and then a few more to return by which point school will be close to starting. It's the entire reason why Takumi does not stay up late or go out late at night - his father's rules certainly help enforce him on doing this - since lack of sleep might mean he actually might sleep through his alarm and the consequence would not be worth that. Even if he does sometimes feel lonely, an ache in his chest when he watches Itsuki and the others doing their thing.

Honestly, there was a part of him that wants to speak up, but there is no way he can do that, he's not old enough to live on his own, though he will be soon, he might be able to get emancipated. However, he's already lived through 17 years of it, might as well just get through the last year and then move out, though maybe stay in Akina. Honestly, Takumi has no idea what he's going to do once he graduates. 

Grabbing the cup from his father and setting it in the cup holder, he heads out to deliver the tofu. It only takes him about 4 hours round trip and it's 8 by the time he pulls into the parking lot, backpack on his shoulder and bags under his eyes where they have been since he had started getting less sleep. Even going to be early - 10, since he does have to do homework - he never gets quite enough sleep, waking up oddly, dozing or never getting to an actual sleep, depending on his father's mood. There are something that just can't be helped and for some reason Takumi's version of insomnia is one such thing. He has a feeling that if he were to live in a different house from his dad he wouldn't have any problems.

Takumi continues living with the abuse - broken ribs, bruises, broken fingers, rolled or fractured ankles, things he's moved with before - for every race and every drive, experience helping him not react differently even when he's in pain. He's managed to hide it for years, even from Itsuki and his other friends that have known him since he was young,  but for some reasons he has a bad feeling, almost like a rabbit being stalked by a wolf, and the dread is building in his stomach. 

Takumi sighs, driving up to where his team - Project D - is waiting for him, ignoring the pain in his ribs, left hand and right shin with the ease of a pro, since that's technically what he is. His father had been in a bad mood, some customer had pissed him off, and Takumi had come in at the worst time. He's got several broken ribs, at least two of his fingers are broken on his left hand and he believes the shin is fractured, but none of that will affect his driving. It doesn't take long to get to the top, where the team has gathered, since it's not an actual race and a meeting, on Akina, though he's not sure what for. Ryosuke just called and asked him if he was free and to come meet them if he was. 

He had gotten his father's permission - snuck out after he had fallen asleep - and is at the top now, turning the car off and opening the door. Tomiguchi is already looking over Keisuke's car, and Shuichi starts to head towards Takumi's as soon as he turns it off, equipment right behind him. Takumi can't help an amused grin as he hands over the keys to his 86, heading for where Ryosuke, Keisuke, Kenta, and Fumihiro are gathered, talking and occasionally glancing over at cars. Their attention focuses on him as soon as he joins their circle, greetings exchanged and an arm slung around his shoulder. 

He manages to keep the stutter out of his sentence when the arm is slung over his shoulders and pressure is applied to his ribs. If he didn't know better, he might think that they suspected something, but he's sure they at least have suspicions, he's not sure if they're going to act on any of said suspicions. Kenta and Fumihiro shift and share glances - his shirt had ridden up a bit when Keisuke threw his arm over him and that was most certainly a huge bruise on his side - before giving one to their teammates. Keisuke shares another with them all - he can feel where Takumi is keeping his hand carefully aware from contact - and Ryosuke sighs quietly, before nodding. They were testing it, and with the extent of his injuries - which they're sure are worse than just bruises - they need to act before their teammate ends up in the hospital for an accident.