Chapter 4

Adrien's P.O.V.

Adrien.

Ok... I'm Adrien.

I know that.

My father is.... Gabe?

Gabriel. Yeah. Gabriel Agreste. It's all a bit foggy, but it's coming back.

I glance up at the girl standing in front of me. She looks scared.

Had I done something to scare her? And who the heck does this blood belong to??? I give myself a once over. Yeah, I'm covered in the stuff. But there's no cuts or scratches to come to the conclusion that it's my blood. In contrast to that fact, my clothes are indeed ripped and torn. I have black markings on my front but I have no clue what it is.

Well that once over didn't help much, if any at all.

She looks so sweet, I hope I didn't hurt her. She was indeed quite pretty, really. She had dark colored hair tied into two little pony tails. I can assume they're usually quite neat, but tendrils of dark hair framed her grim face and her locks looked a bit dirty. Her jacket and shirt weren't torn or ripped, but they were covered in blood. No dirt, though. Her blush colored jeans on the other had had both blood and dirt; especially on her knees. It looked as if she'd been kneeling on some sort of dirty ground. She didn't seem like the type to garden or anything. Her most noticeable feature had to be her eyes; they're stunning. But they held unrelenting sadness in them at the moment. She looked utterly worried and terribly scared. Did she think I had lost my memory? I know who I am.

What I was doing here on the other hand....

That and who she and this old man were. I have no clue.

I push that out of my head. 

I need to relax.

I take a moment to analyze my surroundings. I was in a small room propped against a long table, I tried not to note the blood, hot and wet, on the ground or adorning the table. Especially not the blood coating this sweet girl.

I'd definitely missed something pretty important. 

"He knows who he is?"

I look up at the girl; she stared at me with sad eyes but I knew it wasn't me who she was talking to. She hadn't looked away from me yet, it was slightly suffocating. She was talking to the man. 

"He does indeed, Marinette."

Marinette.

I whispered the name under my breath.. It suited her very well; a pretty name for a pretty girl. My father would adore her features. I felt the name running through my mouth, praying that it'd spark something

It didn't.

While it was a beautiful name, it was the first time I've heard it.

"Adrien, what is the last thing you remember?"

I turn my gaze to the old man. He wore a red and white Hawaiian shirt and tan shorts. He, of course, had no blood on him. I noted that. 

I scrunch my brows and try to fish out of my memory the last thing I remember. 

"Yes yes, very well, Adrien. You may go to school, but only if your grades remain high and we can move around your schedule." 

My eyes light up in pure and utter joy. A genuine smile slaps itself on my face and I want to shout and jump for joy.

"Really Natalie?? Father said that???" I say, bunching my hands at my chest like a toddler. I'd get to be somewhat normal. Friends! I could have friends.

"Yes."

I was expecting more happiness, praying for a hug. But the small quip of a smile was enough for me. I knew she was happy, she was happy for me. She knew how lonely it got here; playing keys in my room and waiting for my next photoshoot.

Tomorrow I'd go to school. Finally.

I smiled a bit, I briefly remember freaking out about what to wear that first day. The ride to school seemed hours long; my leg bounced the whole way. I constantly adjusted and readjusted my shirt and jeans. I felt the joy, but it seemed to stop there. Trying to reach into my memory  past the limo door opening as we arrive was futile. There was nothing after that. Just white light, and then darkness.

I clench my jaw and sigh. 

Maybe I had an accident? That could make sense.

Of course. My luck; I had missed my first day of school. I probably looked like a fool. Though, I felt fine. 

"I remember the car door being opened on my first day of public school, nothing after that." I mutter. I had driven by the school so many times for fencing lessons, but I never got to walk in the doors. 

The girls face becomes even more dreadful. Her eyes glaze over and I begin to worry about her. 

Was she the one who helped me after whatever happened to me, happened? She seems to care a lot. Maybe that's just who she is; she's the girl who helps the new kid to the nurses office. Though, this did not look like a nurses office and this short man is certainly not a nurse.

"Did I have an accident or something?" 

They both just stare at me, not answering.

"Was there a car I didn't see when I stepped out of the limo?" I continue without waiting for a response. They continue to stare and the girl's eyes become shiny. Her hands bunch at her sides and I wrack my brain for the reasoning behind her dismay. 

This is confusing me, but it looks like it's killing her.

"Why can't I remember my first day of school?"

______________

Hello! Been a hot minute again, but I'd going to start updating this story in batches of three (like Dusk). I am currently putting Dusk on an updating hold until I get either done or much farther along with The Bracelet! If you haven't yet, definitely go check out the first 9 published chapters of Dusk, I'm loving it WAY more than The Diary! Anyways, see you guys soon with the next THREE chapters of The Bracelet, hope you enjoy!

- chatattack <3