Chapter 9

We sat in silence until a car pulled up outside of Master Fu's home. When a text tone rung through the air, Adrien had given us a mere wave before departing. He had sat the shiny red ring on the table where he had sat. Plagg flew into his pocket last minute before he had left, but Adrien hadn't said a word to him.

I felt bad for Plagg.

Sliding out of my seat with a sigh, I gently picked up the red ring from where it lay. Cupping it in my hand, it started to glow a bright white. I closed my eyes and waited for the light to subside, leaving two red earrings with five black spots on each. I smile at Tikki before clipping in the jewelry. Fortunately, I kept a spare outfit at Master Fu's. So did Adrien, I was told, but he had left before we could remind him. I walked to the bathroom and shed my dirty clothes, replacing them with a sage colors t-shirt and blue jeans. I scrubbed the blood off my skin as Adrien had, thankfully I had none in my hair. I left my hair down and ran my fingers through it a few times before deciding to leave it the way it was. After I was done, I left the bathroom and rejoined Master Fu.

"I pray that things will return to as close to normal as they can be."

I gazed at Master Fu as he spoke, saddened by his words. He wasn't blind, he observed how Adrien had acted. He saw the difference, and I knew he hoped things would get better.

"Me too. Do you need me to do anything before I go?"

He shakes his head and smiles. Before I knew what I was doing, I walk over to him and give him a hug.

"Thank you. Even if things are different now, he's still here."

I feel Fu nod into my shoulder and I release him. With a small smile, I open my purse for Tikki to fly into.

As I opened the door and walked into the street, the light from the sun seemed brighter. Maybe it was the time that I spent inside the dim room, or maybe it was just because I wasn't feeling as bright as I usually did. I decided to stop and get a coffee on my way home; it'd been a long day.

I pushed away the thought that wished Adrien had come with me.

Ordering just a simple Vanilla Latte and a small strawberry cake pop for Tikki, I took a seat near the back of the small shop. Usually I'd sit in the window; I loved to people watch, but today wasn't a people watching day. Today, I just wanted to be alone.

"Could I sit here? There doesn't seem to be another empty seat and you look pretty friendly." I look up from the table as a distinctly calm voice reaches my ears.

He wore a small grin and his black hair tipped with blue slightly fell into his almost turquoise eyes. It nearly matched his hair, had he done that on purpose? He wore a simple band T-Shirt I'd never heard of and black ripped jeans. Honestly, it suited him greatly more than anyone else. I'd never met him before, but he seemed kind. His eyes were gentle and his smile unbelievably smooth. He was honestly quite attractive, but he didn't have Adrien's grin.

Why was I even comparing the two?

"Uh yeah, sure. I don't mind."

The man sat down with both of his hands wrapped around a large hot coffee cup. He sets down his drink and pulls his phone out of his pocket, then sets it on the table as well. His case looked hand painted, made into a beautiful galaxy sky. It was pretty.

"Did you get a drink?"

I glance up at him and nod. "Yes, I got a vanilla latte. What did you get?"

He effortlessly smiles and takes a sip of his drink.

"Chai Tea Latte with 4 pumps of chai, 2 of vanilla, and made with no water sub oat milk. Sometimes I get it with water, but when I do, I ask for it stirred with only 3 pumps of chai. If I'm feeling it, I'll add some whip. Today, sadly, is not a whip day."