Chapter 1

Marinette's P.O.V.

I stare at the balding man in a floral red and white shirt. He grips his cane tightly with his right hand. My gaze focuses on the bracelet tied around his right wrist. A green, turtle shaped bead connected to a black string. One might suspect a family heirloom or a ridiculously expensive present from a gift shop near some beach. But I knew.

A Miraculous.

My mind takes me back to the memory of when Tikki got sick and I had to take her to the veterinarian. Only, clearly this was no ordinary veterinarian. More suited to the name of a healer, a healer of the Miraculous.

"I see you're confused, Marinette. Or should I say, Ladybug?"

My eyes widen and I turn to look at the crowd around us, still not moving. I saw no reaction on their faces. Like they hadn't even heard who their beloved heroine of Paris actually is. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and look back to the short old man.

"Don't you worry, Marinette. They can not see or hear you. They are frozen." The man says with a small smile that causes his eyes to squint.

"How??" I breathe out.

"It's the power that comes with the Turtle Miraculous." He drops his cane to his side and hold up his wrist. "I just de-transformed."

I nod my head and wipe away a tear on my cheek. My cheek suddenly feels more wet than it was before I had wiped the tears away and I peer down at my hands. Sobs rise up in my chest as I stare at the hands that do not look like my hands. Hands covered in dark, sticky blood.

The blood of the boy that I love.

Loved.

I frantically wipe my hands on my blouse, an effort only partially working because of the amount of blood already seeped into my shirt.

"Don't look Marinette, it'll only cause more pain. Listen to me."

I pry my watering eyes from the corpse of my friend.

"What did you mean? When you said his life wasn't over?"

"You'll soon find out, Marinette. But first, we must get Adrien to my home. I am too old to carry him, you must do this."

I sniffle and stand up, light pushing Adrien's body off of my lap. Tikki flies from my pocket. Instead of a happy smile, she wears a frown on her tiny face.

"Don't worry, Marinette. Master Fu will fix things." Her high pitched voice held an uncertain waver of doubt, like she knew something I do not. I nod my head and take a step away from Adrien.

"Tikki, I'll need your help doing this." I take a breath, and open my eyes. "Tikki, spots on."

A red light emits from the space around me, filling my vision with red and my body with warmth. I feel my soaked clothes transform into red and black spotted spandex, covering me from my neck down to my toes. A mask forms on my face, covering my eyes but leaving my mouth and half of my forehead free from the magic. The bands that hold my twin pigtails in place become longer and sprout red tendrils, for decoration I assume. The show ends with my yoyo wrapping around my waist and the red light disappears, leading my back to reality as the warm glow leaves and I see Adrien laying on the round and Master Fu beaming 7 feet in front of me.

"Tikki gives you extra strength, my home is only a short walk from here. One that we must make in under.." he looks down at his bracelet and sighs. "Five minutes. Shouldn't be a problem."

I nod my head and move to pick up Adrien, seeing a small black floating being hovering above his body. I kneel down and clear my throat softly.

"Hello?" I say gently.

The thing turns around and peers at me with large electric green cat eyes.

"Hi Marinette, I'm Plagg. Kwami of the Black Cat Miraculous." He gives a small bow, hard to see because of his small figure. I see where Chat got it from. I assume he was usually much more sarcastic and annoying, but due to recent events, he's different. So am I.

"Hello, Plagg. Master Fu will help him, don't worry." He stares back up at me.

"He'll bring him back." Plagg says. Before I can respond, he zips into an open pocket on Master Fu's shirt. I sigh and reach out to get Adrien.

I scoop my right hand under his knees and the other on his back. I rest his head on my shoulder.

All the other people I've held like this, victims of the akumas, were still breathing. I could feel their breaths fanning out on my shoulder. Some shivered, some cried. Others were silent. But they still were breathing.

Beyond the smell of blood, the scent of mint and fresh rain catch my senses. I gulp and refrain myself from looking at the limp boy in my arms. I stop myself from focusing on the absence of warm carbon dioxide on my shoulder.

"Which way?" I force myself to say. The short man smiles and motions his hand to the left.

"This way."

I begin to walk.

________________

Good size chapter if I do say so myself. We haven't get into everything yet, but it'll be here soon. I hope you liked the first chapter of "The Bracelet"! I might even get the second one out today! Sorry for any grammatical

- chatattack <3