T.R.:4

Alexis POV

The week has gone by fast and the weather in Chicago has grown warmer. It was creeping into mid May which meant school was ending in the next month. Finals were coming in just a few weeks which each had every college student at the edge of their seats. Another thing grades were closing in the same duration which had every student scrambling to make sure they had enough credits to pass a course or if they had a high enough GPA.

Me personal, I was in my junior year of college and I was more relaxed than the other students. I was always one to stay on top of my grades, and my assignments, so the "last minute make up work" and the extra credit never had to be worked on my favor. Don't get me wrong I wasn't no genius with a GPA of 4.0, but a 3.7, but I was very smart.

I was majoring in business, and minoring in graphic designs in hopes to open up my own clothing store. As a child I was always fascinated in fashion, always going into my mother's closet trying on her clothes and shoes.

Reminiscing on the memory of me in clothes and shoes twice my size had me giggling to myself.

"Mrs. Wright, would you like to share what's so amusing?" Mr. Barnes, my English teacher, asked me with a cock of his eyebrow. My checks flushed in embarrassment as the whole class had their gaze on me.

"No," I muttered. He held his stare on me for few seconds before continuing with his lecture. I groaned quietly to myself as I sunk back into the chair and listen on with the lecture.

In the time Mr. Barnes was talking the school bell rung. I shot out of my seat and collected all my books putting them into the bag. Throwing my bag over my shoulder I walked out the classroom out into the busy hallway.

Reaching into my back pocket I took my phone out and looked at the time. Noting that it was just about time that the cafeteria was giving out lunch. Leaving out the academic school I crossed the campus to the cafeteria building.

I stopped walking when I heard my name being called. I looked around and notice Justin from my English class running my way.

"Sheesh you walk fast." He said out of breath once he stood in front of me. Not knowing how to reply I let out a small laugh. Justin was a tall Caucasian boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. I talked to him a couple times when I sat next to him in English. I learn he also was majoring in business too. He was a nice guy, for the few times we talk he was always polite to me.

"Where are you heading?" He asked giving me a smile.

"Just to cafeteria then I'm heading home." I answered.

"You don't live on campus?" He question knitting his eyebrows.

"Nah, I live in apartment complex just a couple of blocks from here." I replied. He nodded his head. We stood there in silence that was making things awkward.

"Well um I'll see you later." I told him trying to walk off but he stopped me.

"Can I join you for lunch?" He asked hesitantly scratching the back of his neck. I bit on my lip pondering the thought. I usually ate lunch with Christine then we'll drive together home but I think if I brought some company she wouldn't mind.

"Yeah, sure." He gave me a huge smile before we both walked in direction of the cafeteria. Before we enter he politely held the door for me causing me to send a thank you his away. Once inside I went to the sandwich line with Justin following.

The line went by fast and in no time we we had our sandwiches. I looked over at the usually table where Christine and I sat at and saw her sitting there on her phone.