T.R.:9

Durk POV

I couldn't help but cough as the toxic smoke of marijuana filled my lungs. No I don't smoke nor do I drink but I hang around a lot of niggas that do. Growing up in Chicago I was basically raised by my grandma, my mother worked endless jobs to make sure I had food in my mouth and clothes on my back. My dad was caught with 10 mill worth of drugs and now doing life. My grandma always told me never to touch drugs or drink, and I still abide by her for that.

One thing that I couldn't abide by her was when it came to choosing the people I hung around with. She wanted me be with the nerds, but I was with my block, my gang. She hated that I was in streets but I couldn't take myself out of it, I was addicted.

You could take the nigga out the hood, but not the hood out of the nigga.

"Durk dis fucking controller is broken!" Fredo yelled out glaring at the Tv. I could help but laugh at his piss off behavior, mad that I was once again kicking his ass in 2K.

"Ya know dat controller ain't broke, ya just mad cause I'm kicking dat ass of yours." I said mockingly turning off the Ps4 . He mumbled incoherently and threw the controller on the coffee table of his trap house. I watched as he brought the a blunt to his mouth and took a drag. A big puff or smoke came out when he released a dragged breath.

Picking up the cup of lean from the table I brought it to my lips and drown the contents down. The familiar burning in my throat came but I ignore it. I may not drink, but lean was my guilty pleasure.

"Why ya turned the game off I wanna round." Nuski, my cousin, whined. I rolled my eyes and answered his question, "I gotta talk to y'all 'bout sumthing important." Everybody, -meaning Nuski, Fredo, and Reese- turned to me with curious looks.

"So the Feds are back on my jock," I said sighing.

"What ya mean bro?" Reese asked with a frown.

"Ya know that body K-Mill caught?" They nodded, "Well they trying to pin me for dat shit."

"What's up wit the CPD they sum fuckin' ducks." Fredo said unamused making us laugh.

"I heard they got a new captain on the team and they crackin' down on the streets."

"Ain't K-Mill the nigga that attacked ya lil shorty, what's her name?" Nuski asked taking the blunt from Fredo and taking a drag.

"Alexis, and she ain't my shorty." I corrected.

"So lil ma your thot?" Reese asked grinning.

"No, she ain't no thot so don't disrespect her like dat b." I snapped at him with a glare. He held up his hands and chuckled.

"Aye Durk catchin' feelings." Fredo teased making me flick him off.

"Ya hit it yet?"

"Nah, every time I'm 'bout to someone always interruptin'."

"She must be a thot if she already throwin' herself at ya."Reese added.

"Call her a thot again Ima fuck ya up." I said frowning. Everybody laughed making me crack a smile.

"So if she ain't your shorty we can tap?" Fredo questioned leaning back in the couch putting his feet on the table.

"Nah chill wit dat."

"Whatever happened to 'doin' the bang bros before the president'?" Nuski asked jokingly. I threw my head back and laughed. That saying was something I always tell the local thots that wanted to smash, in order to do me they had to do the squad first.

"Fuck y'all, lil ma mine. She ain't gettin' no STD from y'all." I smiled and drunk the rest of the lean in my cup.

"Ya bitch ass know I ain't got no STD, I'm always protected with rubber when I go in the pussy." I shook my head in hysterics at Fredo's response.

"But really Durk ya got feelings fo' ma?" Nuski asked me with a serious look.

"I don't love her, but I like lil ma. I'm attracted to her however I ain't looking to settle down. Just want someone to vibe out with her. Even maybe a friends with benefit. Feel me?" I answered truthfully. Nuski nodded, "I feel ya."

I got up from the couch and stretch out my strain muscles from sitting all day.

"I'll catch y'all lames later."

"Where ya goin'?" Reese asked.

"Somewhere."

"Ya goin' to see your shorty." I gave Reese the finger but grinned.

"Durk, ya can't go see her." Nuski said staring down at his phone.

"What ya mean?"

"Ya shorty in jail." He held out his phone to me. I took it from him and looked down at it. A picture of Alexis sat on the screen on a Facebook post from her friend Christine saying 'Free Lexi'. My face twisted in anger as I threw the phone at Nuski.

"Shit, I gotta bail her out."

"Ya can't, she ain't got no bail." I let out a frustrated huff, "If they got her on lock fo' accessory, they most def got a warrant out fo' me fo' murder."

"I gotta go." I mumbled going to the front door.

"Where?" Fredo asked stopping me.

"I have to turn myself in, ain't no point in hidin' there is warrant out." They all nodded in understanding.

"Don't do somethin' I would do." Reese said smiling.

"Of course."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SHORT I KNOW! But sorry it's was so hard writing Durks POV, something that I'm not use to. But I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.

It seems like not a lot a people liked the last chapter but idc I write for my entertainment. Sorry not sorry.

Over 3k reads thank you.

VOTE

&

COMMENT

-Mariah