Sorry

Another week came and went. You continued to work during the day, and spend your nights with Namjoon. He continued to sleep in your bed with you, the two of you exchanged more kisses and touches, sometimes intense, sometimes tender. Namjoon was very careful with you. You had learned that your giant puppy was a little clumsy; he tended to break things, knock stuff off counters, sometimes his tail caught on things and they fell. Even when he wasn't moving around, he still managed to break something. But you were patient. You knew he didn't mean it, and he was always so sorry after. You made sure to reassure him every time that you weren't mad at him, and showered him in praise.

~~~~~~~

It was Friday and you could feel the watch on your wrist vibrating, knowing that the group chat with your best friends was blowing up. They were eager to hang out with you, because you continued to blow them off during the week. They missed you and the nights you all had together. Sometimes you got in moods where you didn't feel like talking to anyone but the knew this wasn't one of those times. They kept asking if something was up and you continued to tell them that no, everything was just fine. All this was buzzing around in your head when you heard a crash and then the sounds of crying. Work wasn't over yet. Working at a daycare was always eventful. With a room full of fifteen to 20 5 year old boys and girls, you had to be on your toes. There always seemed to be a fight to break up, or a hurt knee to make better. This time, two of your boys were fighting over a car. You walked over to them and leaned down to their level.

"Ok, what happened this time?" you asked

"He took my car!"

"No, I had it first!"

"Did not!"

"Yes I did!"

This would continue forever, so with a stern "Hey" they both stopped and looked at you again. "There are plenty of cars for you both to play with, now let's sit down and be nice to each other, ok?" The boys nodded, and went right back to playing, best friends again.

With a huff, you stood up and surveyed the classroom. Kids tended to leave faster on Fridays, parents no doubt eager to spend time with them and maybe attempt to relax. You had maybe ten left in the room, and one of your coworkers was already cleaning up to make sure the both of you could leave on time, if not earlier. You were picking up scattered toys and straightening out chairs and tables. Soon, you had all but three kids left, and your supervisor popped her head in the door.

"Alright, Miss Noelle, you are good to go. Have a nice weekend!" Hearing your actual name at work shouldn't have sounded so weird , but after the constant calls of "noona" from Namjoon, it seemed almost jarring. You shook it off and gathered your purse and jacket, and pulled your phone out your pocket.

"Ok, my friends, I AM LEAVING." You shouted to the remaining kids in your room. Suddenly they all stopped what they were doing and ran to you, trying to hug you at the same time.

"No, no! Don't go!"

"I'll miss you!"

"Give me a hug!"

They were all crowded around your legs, jostling for one last hug. Leaning down, you managed to wrap your arms around them and picked them up. They all laughed their little heads off at being picked up. You smiled at them all and set them down and said one last goodbye.

"Bye bye! I'll see you Monday! Be good!"

You heard a loud chorus of goodbyes, as you walked out the door. Once you were in your car, you opened the group chat with your friends.

Mara☀️: Let's get it!

Kora🦙: I need tteokbokki in my life 😋