Comfortable

The air was getting cooler, and the sky was getting darker. You were sitting in the grass at the park, bundled up in one of Namjoon's oversized hoodies. In the distance you could hear laughing and leaves rustling. You could see Namjoon running around and jumping, and behind him, a toddler was trying their best to follow him around. You felt warmth in your chest watching the pair. Namjoon was a natural with children, it never ceased to amaze you. The toddler would try to grab Namjoon's long fluffy tail, giggling and reaching out with cute chubby hands. But Namjoon would jump just out of reach and laugh.

The pair continued the game for a while and soon, the toddler plopped down on the grass, seemingly all out of energy. Namjoon stopped and picked the baby up, a huge smile on his face. The baby immediately cuddled into Namjoon, little fists bunching in his shirt. Namjoon held the baby close and started walking toward you. It was time to go home, so you got up and started gathering up the blanket you were sitting on, and the diaper bag.

"How's our little puppy doing?" you asked, ruffling your baby's soft sable hair.

"I think Kai, is ready for a nap," Namjoon said quietly.

Namjoon adjusted him in his arms so you could see his face. He was already asleep, chubby cheeks flushed from running, little cupid mouth pouting in his sleep. Every time you looked at him, your heart burst with love. How could so much have changed for you in such a short time? Taking Kai from Namjoon's arms, you handed him the bag and blanket.

Kissing your baby on his head, you started walking home. Namjoon walked beside you, and put an arm around your waist, pulling you and Kai closer to him. Kai was making little cooing noises in his sleep, and started wriggling in your arms. Namjoon's ears perked at the noise, and gently put a hand on Kai's back.

"I think he'll be awake and ready to eat by the time we get home. Not much of a nap, pup," Namjoon said with a smile, ruffling the baby's hair. Kai seemed to waken more at his father's touch, and was trying to open his eyes. He was starting to get more active in your arms now and rubbing his eyes.

"M-mama? M'hungry," Kai said in his little voice.

Kissing him on his forehead you told him you'd be home in a few minutes.

With Namjoon still walking beside you and his hand still around your waist, the three of you continued to walk home, enjoying the crisp autumn air. Namjoon took a deep breathe, long tail swaying gently behind him. The house was in view and Kai could seem to sense they were almost home, and he seemed fully awake now, trying to wriggle out of your arms.

"Mama! Down, down!"

"Ok, sweetie, calm down," you said with a breathless laugh, setting your baby down on the sidewalk. He broke out into an awkward run toward home. Namjoon jogged along behind him also laughing. Now free of your boys for the rest of the walk home, you put your arms around yourself to keep out the cold, watching as Namjoon and Kai ran to the front door and waited for you.

Love was something that you never thought you would get to experience. Physical or emotional. For the longest time the only company you had was yourself and an empty house. But that day last spring changed everything. Namjoon crashed his way into your life and nothing was ever the same. He continued to amaze you everyday in small ways, doing anything and everything you needed.

Whenever you remembered the first time you made love, you couldn't help but blush. Namjoon had brought out a whole new side of you, and together the two of you continued to explore each other nearly every night. Namjoon would take you to great highs every night, pleasure like you had never felt before.

🌙

It was after one of these nights when you got yet another surprise. Lately, you had been feeling off, not quite sick, but just not feeling well. Work that day had been extra hard, the kids having been extra difficult as kids tend to be. Once the clock struck 4, you raced out like always so you could get home to Namjoon, and he would make you feel better.