Chapter 5

Kushina was alone for the last two years. Since the day she had gotten the news the day her home country got destroyed and massacred by the three other hidden villages, Kushina had changed.

She mourned the thousands of lives killed and the family she had sworn to protect once grown.

And yet, all of this darkness, a certain blonde woman started coming in her life.

"Kushina-chan!"

Kushina blinked from her walk out the Academy grounds to turn around only to be met by a blonde woman cheerily waving her hand around whilst an embarrassed Minato was looking at her apologetically.

Kushina felt her chest swell at the mere sight of the woman as a bright grin appeared at her face, "Naru-obaachan!"

Kurama burst out laughing inside her mindscape, feeling nostalgic with a blonde Senju in mind.

Naruto's eyebrow twitched, expertly hiding the rising irritation at being called old. Is this what Tsunade feels everytime she calls her that?

Probably.

Smiling at the girl, and abruptly locking the bubbling irritation inside her mindscape, Naruto addressed Kushina, "Want to come with us at Icharaku?"

Kushina sent Naruto a very bright grin, "Can I?"

Naruto laughed merrily, "That's why I'm asking you."

"Yatta!", Kushina pumped her fist up.

Minato sent the red head girl a smile of his own, making the young Uzumaki blush. Of course this was something that Naruto saw, a small smile appeared at her face mixed with mischievous glee.

Naruto led the two towards the Uzumaki House, the Uzumaki House that Kushina didn't even know, something that she's willing to change.

━━━━━━ Flashback ━━━━━━━

"I want to have Kushina as my ward", Naruto said bluntly after entering the Hokage office via window.

The Third Hokage stared at the blonde haired woman who stared back. Hiruzen rose an eyebrow whilst puffing out smoke from his pipe, "You do know that the Council won't like this correct? Even if it's not known in the whole Konoha that Kushina is the Kyuubi Jinjuriki, she's still the Uzumaki Heir."

Naruto couldn't help but roll her eyes, "Tell me Jiji, who's the Hokage?"

Hiruzen blinked, not knowing why the hell she was asking this but nonetheless answered, "Me."

Naruto's face brightened at his answer, "Exactly! Your the Hokage, they're the Council. The job those assholes", Naruto pointedly ignored the admonishing glare Hiruzen gave her at her insult, "are only good at is criticizing you and kept on saying 'No' to your decisions."

The Hokage opened his mouth to say something but Naruto continued, "Its high time that you grow a backbone Jiji, because this is not a Village of Politicians but a Village of Shinobis. You have the final say and decision. The Council's only job is giving you advise", Naruto have no shame in pointing a finger at a bemused Hiruzen, "which is something that they are doing horseshit at!"

The aged old Hokage didn't even tried to admonish her in using colorful words, slumping on his chair before lifting his head and giving Naruto a smile. "It seems I really needed that Naru", Hiruzen told Naruto who only huffed and rolled her eyes.

"So about Kushina?", Naruto rose an eyebrow. Mulling over in his head, Hiruzen though of something that might work, "Their are 3 others that knew Kushina's position as the Kyuubi Jinjuriki. I think a little demonstration of your Uzumaki kekka genkai might dissuade them in disagreeing once I brought out the topic. Her being the Uzumaki Heir is my decision so that doesn't matter."