Chapter 9

"Yaga's Team still hadn't returned from their mission", An unknown voice resonated through the office. With his hands clasped behind his back, the shinobi kneeling behind him tensed up, already detecting the tid bit of annoyance and anger from their Leader and General.

"A-about that H-Hanzo-sama", the shinobi spoke up from his kneeling position.

Hanzo the Salamander, current Leader of Ame, looked back towards his shinobi, "Well?", he inquired.

Taking a deep breath, the shinobi reported, "A member of Yaga's Team had returned and... "

"And?", Hanzo rose an eyebrow when he trailed off. Wishing that Hanzo won't get mad, the shinobi continued off, "They were attacked by the Allies of the Konoha Shinobis they captured."

A beat of silence went by.

Before Hanzo lets out a sigh, one out of disappointment and a little bit of anger. Seeing his shinobi tense up in fear, Hanzo muttered under his breath, "Well, a probable good example for the other team to not be careless next time."

It came off as a whisper, but the Ame Shinobi kneeling in front of him probably heard enough as he was actually visibly shaking in fear. Hanzo may not be outright cruel in his rule in Ame, but he's merciless when it comes to giving punishments.

"Your dismissed", Hanzo waved a careless hand.

Nodding, the Ame Shinobi waste no time in getting out of there.

Watching as one of his shinobis run off, Hanzo waited for the footsteps to disappear before he called out, "You can show yourself now."

A minute of silence....

Whoosh!

A black cloaked man dropped down from the ceiling and behind Hanzo, actually sitting comfortably on his own chair seeing that Hanzo was directly standing in front of his desk.

"How long have you been here?", The Salamander asked in an even tone.

...

"Are you asking since I have been inside your office or how long I have been spying your Village?"

Hanzo actually tensed at the last question, the figure sitting comfortably sitting on his chair implying that he had been spying inside Ame without his notice longer than Hanzo should have. If it's true, then how many valuable information had the figure gleamed to be satisfied enough to be sensed by him right now?

"Well?", The figure asked.

Closing his eyes, Hanzo steeled himself and finally confronted the spy.

'An Uchiha', there was no doubt in Hanzo's mind to already deduce the man's last name. While the sharingan may not be present, Hanzo fought enough Uchihas in his life to identify one when he see one. And this one might probably be rogue based from the lack of shinobi headgear.

The Uchiha in front of him is a strong one too, much more powerful compared to him even.

The onyx eyes staring at his very soul shows no emotion, but his gaze was heavy, stopping him cold in his tracks. "Are you done?", The Uchiha asked.

Keeping his unease locked behind a neutral facade, Hanzo gave a nod. "I would prefer if you will answer the latter", he said.

The Uchiha's eyes still held no emotion as he answered, "1 Month."

It took all of Hanzo's Shinobi and Political training not to widen his eyes, but it was still not enough as his eyes still went a little bit wide eyed. "How?", all of Hanzo's facades were out as he growled towards the man.