Chapter 8 - Grace's POV

Grace had the scream from the hallways near the bedrooms and ran towards the loud sound. She stopped in her tracks to find Brooke on the floor dead next to the door with a large knife lodged in her chest, eyes open with tears staining her face, and blood down the hall. Grace's face turned into concern. Was that one of her family member's blood? Was someone else injured?

Grace walked down the hallway slowly to see Angelina leaning against the wall, the back of her left hand on her forehead and her right hand placed on her knee, rubbing the sore joint through her stockings. She opened one eye and noticed Grace standing there, with her rifle in her hands.

"What happened? I heard screaming?" Grace questioned, letting go of her rifle and holding the strap that ran across her torso. Angelina removed her hand from her forehead and looked at the palm of her hand with had blood splattered across it. 

She sighed and turned her head fully to her cousin. "I found two of your friends. I killed one, but the other escaped. It was," she placed her finger on her chin, trying to think of what Ray looked like, "the one with the lighter patches on her skin. What do they call that again, vitiligo?" Angelina then pointed towards the direction that Ray ran off to. "She ran off that way. Nana managed to injure her arm, badly by the looks of it."

Grace looked in the direction that Angelina was pointing. She noticed that Angelina was holding her knee and groaned. "You hurt your knee again, didn't you?"

Angelina looked at her younger cousin, daggers in her eyes. "Don't tell my mother about this. She'll be pissed I injured myself again. One word and the last thing you see is the barrel of a gun."

Grace put her hands up in defense. "Cross my heart and hope to die, I won't tell Aunt." She grabbed the rifle and started walking. "Y'know, you might wanna get that checked out by Timmy-boy. We know he has a thing for injuries."

Angelina hissed at her and put the middle finger up at her younger sister figure.

---

While Grace was wandering the house in the direction that Ray ran off in, another scream was heard in, 30 minutes after finding Angelina. "Not again..." Grace mumbled and started jogging towards the second bedroom area. The basement was the source of the screams. Grace knew exactly what was happening.

Her dear brother Tony had found his target among Grace's new friends. She opened the door, and walked down the few stairs to the basement. She stood on the steps and saw Timothy outside the door, trying not to listen. From where she was standing, Grace couldn't see the second person in the room with Timothy.

"Who's the target this time around Timmy-boy?" Grace asked with a slight smirk as she called Timothy that nickname. Timothy looked up and rolled his eyes to the nickname he was given.

"The girl with the blonde hair. If you actually noticed things, Grace, you would have seen Tony eyeing her off at the start of this sick game when they first entered the room." Timothy raised his hand to cover his mouth.

"Elise huh? Personally, I could see why she was picked. She was pretty cute," Grace exclaimed. "Also, Angelina injured her knee again. Maybe after you've dealt with, that," she pointed towards the second room, "you might want to find dear cousin to fix her knee."

Grace slung her rifle back over her shoulder so that the rifle was on her back. "Hey Grace, make sure you tell Angelina to go to the kitchen," Timothy called out to Grace as she was on her way out.

"Will do, Timmy-boy," Grace said sarcastically and went on her way to find her cousin through the maze of hallways.