Chapter 12 - Grace's POV

(This chapter is short, so don't come at me.)

Grace watched Nat running down the hill. She gripped the rifle in her hands and looked down at her leg. Her brother, her father, her cousin, all of them had been injured during the game. She looked back towards Nat who had reached the gates and was looking back at Grace, standing on the porch.

Grace smiled slightly and chuckled. "Never thought someone would be able to escape. Who knew she would be able to pull it off." She looked back into the house to see her mother hauling up her father and walking him to the medical room. She walked back in, her smile changing to a sour look on her face.

After everyone had been patched up and in a stable condition to walk by Timothy, they all started to pack their things. Grace was packing her clothes and looked at the photo wall in front of her. Multiple pictures of her, Nat, Elise, Ray and Brooke scattered the area. She sighed and started to pull them off, placing them into a bag and labelling it '14 – first time failed'.

"14 times now, and this is the first time it's failed. Someone escaped," she mumbled to herself and zipped up her suitcase, placing it on the ground.

Everyone made their way out to the car and put all their stuff in the large boot or on top of the car on the racks. Her father got in the front to drive, with her mother beside him. Her grandmother and Angelina sat in the middle seats and the twins and Grace sat in the back. Tony and Timothy were arguing like they always did on the road trips and Grace looked out the window.

"I'm sorry Nat, but this is tradition, and we stick to tradition," She thought to herself with her elbow on the window and head in her hand. They started to get on the main road and onto the highway, driving out of town.