Chapter 24: Twisted Reflection

There's a lot of talk this Chapter, just a heads up

Goddayum it look like two months for that battle to be over haha

(^Also, a random base concept drawing of Meerie^)
I just realised that I haven't done any drawings for my OCs Meerie and Dan, so I'm gonna get to work with it!

But now that the battle is over, what's gonna happen?

Come! Take a seat by da faiya'!

(Random reference if you don't get it its fine XD)

'Thoughts'

"Words"

And enjoy!!

(Ps: The story my fic is based off of is NOT by me :P)
——————————————————————————

The ambience of rainfall outside gradually got more and more muffling as the window, left ajar, shuttered.

As it screeched softly with the howling winds outside, the scurrying feet on a small animal of sorts could be heard.

It scrambled through the bushes, rustling leaves and snapping twigs as it came to the window, its feet pitter pattering on the wet ground.

Standing up on its hind legs, it rested its tiny paws on the glass as its round face peered in, beady eyes scanning the room.

With a sharp yelp, it leapt up.

Struggling just a little, the squirrel-like critter fell to the ground, and shook off the water on its dense fur.

Around its neck, however, a small pouch was tied around it, rectangle in the shape of an envelope as it fluttered to the ground, next to the creature.

And with a puff of smoke, Chelsea appeared, her attire soaked.

Taking a deep breath, the musty, stale air and dust quickly made the girl regret her decision as she coughed.

The room seemed to have not been touched in forever. Thick layers of dust coated the surfaces of the various stored objects as cobwebs strung everything together in a blurry haze of threads.

From old furniture to boxes of old memories to unused oils and cases for weapons, Chelsea gave a sigh, shaking her arms again, only for her sopping sleeves to cling onto her skin.

Rubbing her eyes now, the auburn in her iris flickered golden for a moment before disappearing, but it was normal for her at this point...

"He better has a good reason for this..." she muttered tiredly, looking to the envelope on her hand, safe from water within its pouch.

Currently, it was about 24 hours after her confrontation with her old crew, and they had already made their way back to the Capital.

Shortly after taking Matthias, Izo got Chelsea to pick up a letter at the Imperial Police base.

She was unsure of whether or not Izo was setting her up to be caught, but she knew that if she didn't comply, her friends would be the ones paying for it...

Dropping onto her butt as she sat down, exhausted and cold, a small puff of dust rose into the air around her as faint footfalls came from the door.

Already knowing who it was, she just closed her eyes, grinding her teeth...

Chelsea just never liked her, no matter how much she smiled to her...

Slowly, it opened to reveal the cluttered space Chelsea sat in, and the old joints screeched as a bright light filled the room.