Chapter 39: Kurtol Season!!

Hearing the jingling of the bells hung over her window, Akame slowly opened a sleepy, crimson eye, letting out a soft groan before turning in her bed.

She balled up the blankets in her hands, curling into a tiny ball as she snuggled comfortably back to sleep...

And as the dreamy images of honey glazed Lekk meat and boiled Muri still in the shell drifted through her mind...

A visible wet patch could be seen in the blankets around her mouth...

And boom!

"WAH?!" The girl yelped out as there was a sudden rapping on the door!

"Time to get up you pickled muri!" Called Tatsumi from the door, and even with the rude awakening, Akame took the most offence to the brunette's last statement...
——-

Reaching the lounge room, Tatsumi skidded to a stop at the doorway, slapping his hand on the pillar!

A pair of pink pigtails suddenly shot up at the sudden scare, along with a previously knocked out Lubbock falling off his seat with a loud thump!

"What in the hell is your problem?!" The boy yelled while Mine was similarly steaming from her ears, seething with ire.

But their rage seemed to soften a little as Tatsumi's eyes shone brightly instead.

He wore tall and almost rubbery black boots, clad in thick, hunter green trek pants and a brownish hunter's garb to finish the look.

"Grab yer' shits you filthy ham-stacked pumpernickels! We're going on a trip!"

Suzuka had just stepped out from the kitchen at the statement, and her brows furrowed at the brunette's odd choice of words.

"It's his country slang..." Lubbock sighed, rubbing the bruised part of his ass as he dropped onto the couched with a huff, "It slips out when he gets real excited..."

But when Suzuka nodded with wide eyes, wearing an 'oh...' expression, she turned, only to see that Tatsumi had already disappeared down the hallway again...

"Ham-stacked pumpernickel...?!" Mine growled, grinding her teeth, "PUMPERNICKEL'S GREAT IN A SAVOURY SANDWICH YOU CRAZY ASSHOLE!"
——-

"Perrymond's not waiting for our slow arses, Tickery Timefool's already grinding away!" The brunette practically screamed, throwing his hands up as he careened past the stairs and Wren, who was talking to Susanoo as both heads turned with, not unexpected, frowns of confusion...

"It's time!" He yelled upon reaching the bottom floor, where he sped past Leone busy snooping around in the shadowy wine cellar.

The blonde yelped in shock as a bottle of sake flew from her fingers!

It bounced in the cork!

Skidded across the concrete!

And as it slowed its momentum, allowing for Leone to heave a sigh of relief...

The bottle tapped a metal cabinet...

Where it shattered!
——-

Grabbing a spear and folded bags along the corridor, where he had left the items at hand previously, Tatsumi charged with a massive grin on his face, his eyes shining with nostalgic delight!

"LET'S GO KURTOL HUNTING BITCHES!!"

And upon barging out the massive doors of the Night Raid hideout, Tatsumi's shoes threw up drifting dust around his feet in a dramatic reveal of his silhouette against the orange morning sun!