04. - which as they kiss consume

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔱
quatre. — virgin!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The weeks continued to speed by as Mina adapted to her new way of life at Hogwarts. Autumn was dying slowly bleeding into winter as the trees shedded their auburn coats and became skeletal figures that haunted the castle grounds. Mina found that the winter cycle in England was much different than the one in France — the energy was at an opposite — despite the death and decay that winter promised it was always still beautiful at Beauxbatons, a light glisten of snow coating the grounds and the chateau, the dark of the night only illuminating the pale stars in the sky.

Hogwarts was darker, more rustic, the Forbidden Forest was not an appealing sight even at the height of spring — the trees far too close together at the opening to the woods, it made for a suffocating, claustrophobic sight. The trees in winter only appeared more menacing, their bare limbs seeming reaching out ready to pull you in to the forest and close any gap behind you. Whilst the castle itself was such a dark shade of grey that in the black shadow of night it almost disappeared into the skyline, the flaming torches in the castle appearing as bright burning stars in a blackened landscape.

Mina sighted wistfully resting her tired head upon her hand as she sat alone in the library, she had Professor Riddle's class in an hour and she was nowhere near done with the essay he had set them. It was completely unlike her to be this late on assignments — especially his. But Mina constantly found her mind bombarded by confusing visions ranging from sensual to horrific. In the last few weeks they had changed, they were less clear as the future rattled unstably flicking through her mind at such a speed that she hardly had a moment to analyse them before the next one came along.

These visions interrupted both her days and nights — leaving her tossing and turning within her emerald silken sheets, and unfocused in her classes. Mina was an outcast, the rest of the students too fearful to approach the mad girl, her sisters rumours about her solidifying her social death. Though a few students had tried to speak to her, if only to see if she could see into their futures.

Of course she could. It took a great amount of consternation to look into specific people's futures and the more complicated the person the harder it was. Lucky for Mina they were but simple people,

( SIMPLE PEOPLE WITH SIMPLE FUTURES, SIMPLE LIVES AND PAINFULLY SIMPLE DEATHS. )

They hadn't like it when Mina had told them that, quite aghast with her interpretations of their lives. But the truth was whilst the future could take many different paths, for simple people their futures were usually set in stone as they never took any bold decisions — only minuscule things may have changed. Mina found comfort in that, her own life and death were constantly changing, keeping her on her toes. That must have meant she was not simple.