06. - familial ties

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔱
six. — deus est non vigilantes!

 — deus est non vigilantes!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Mina took it all back.

It could be that bad, in fact it was worse.

The Black family estate was as daunting as she could remember. Yes, it was grand their wealth clear for all to see. But it was dark and Mina immediately felt the air thicken as she stepped closer to the place that she had not been in so many years. The house itself could not be considered sinister, the dark coloured outer layers seemingly normal, yet to Mina the house breathed darkness and despair.

One look at the house and she had the feeling akin to spiders crawling all over her pale, shaking skin. It was as though the house itself was a dementor sucking out any trace of happiness, only leaving emptiness and despair in its place. Mina thought there should have been a sign hanging above the door, warning those who were about to enter.

( DEUS EST NON VIGILANTES )

Walburga walked paces ahead of her — practically sprinting into the house without a look to her sister. Stepping over the threshold hesitantly Mina found herself bombarded by memories. The image of her sneering mothers face and the tip of a wand pointed in her direction, to this day she could still feel the sharp sting of the hexes.

'You need to stop spreading these lies you insolent child! Do you wish for people to believe you to be mad?'

'You're a freak.'

'Liar!'

'Why can't you be more like your sister?"

"I can't take this anymore!'

A door slammed, perhaps in her mind or perhaps in real life. Either way Mina found herself snapped out of her daydreams. She listened with sharp ears as her sister began complaining about her to her parents in the kitchen, not ready for the onslaught of wickedness that was bound to occur, Mina raced up to where she knew her room had resided.

Shutting the door quietly behind her Mina breathed in a sigh of relief, the feeling of being alone never tasting so sweet. Her room was the same as it had been when she was young, clearly having been regularly cleaned by the house elves. Her large bed sat in the centre of the room green covers with silver drapes matching the colour scheme of the rest of the room. Mina could tell nobody had been in there in years bar the house elves, everything was how she had left it. Children's clothes hanging in her wardrobe, whilst the bookshelf was littered with children's books that she had received as presents when young,