0.9

Year ten, ages 15 and 16 (1937)

The end of year ten had arrived. All the students sat staring at the clock until it reached five past three and the bell went. Everybody cheered and ran outside, talking about Louis party he was holding later.

"Hey babe" Louis says, kissing Imogen's cheek.

"Hey Lou" Imogen smiles as she takes her books out her locker.

"Lou, come on! We're going to set up" Harry says. Louis nods and quickly kisses Imogen before running off with the boys.

Whereas on the other side of the Hall way the four boys who had lost their best friend were stood talking.

"Guys, it's been four years and Michaels been beaten up at least seven times, she hasn't done anything. Let's just give up" Ashton sighs.

"Hey Hemmings" Louis smirks "How's Imogen? Oh wait you wouldn't know as she's my girlfriend"

"Shut up you piss pot" Luke spits making everybody 'ooo'

"Wanna say that again Hemmings?" Louis asks, taking a step forward and pushing him.

"Don't push me" Luke scoffs, pushing him back.

"Or what? Imogen isn't here to protect you anymore, she was dumb enough to listen to me and believe that I loved her. What a shame I'm in it for the sex" Louis smirks.

"Imogen's a virgin!" Luke says.

"Yes but once I introduce her to my dads whiskey later on tonight she won't be" Louis chuckles, pushing Luke.

"Louis leave him alone" They both turn and gasp when seeing Imogen "He isn't worth it"

"You're right babe" Louis says, slinging an arm around her shoulder "let's go"

"Did you see that?!" Ashton asks "Luke must be her weak spot"

"So all we have to do is get Louis to beat up Luke and hey presto" Calum says.

"Woah" Luke whines.

"Do you want Imogen back?" Ashton asks and Luke nods "then tonight we go to the party, me, Cal and Mikey will distract Imogen and you get in Louis' way and we'll lead her over"

"Got it" Luke nods "one problem, how do we get our mum's to let us out?"

"Say we're going over Tom's" Calum shrugs.

"Got it"

-

The four boys leave their houses and walk down the street, laughing and talking about the plan until they see a girl limping towards them, but when she gets closer they gasp.

"Imogen?" Luke asks.

"I - it was Louis" Imogen whispers. They pull her under the street lamp and study her face, bruises under her eyes and blood running from her nose, her lip busted and bleeding and her arms and legs covered in bruises, as well as mascara and eyeliner smudged over her face.

"Come on" Luke says "I'll take her to mine and explain"

"Goodnight im" Ashton says.

"Before you g- go, I need to apologise. I've treated you like rubbish and I've been a terrible friend, well I guess you don't want to be my friend anymore" Imogen says.

"Of course we do im" Michael says "we love you" They all hug before Luke helps Imogen into his house.

"Luke you're back ea- Imogen?" Liz asks in shock.

"Hello Liz" Imogen smiles.

"Mum could I talk to you in the living room?" Luke asks. Liz nods and walks with Luke into the living room.

"Mum, was that Luke?" Jack asks, running down stairs "Imogen?"

"Hi jack" Imogen says, her lip hurting from the punches she received earlier that night.

"Imogen dear-"

"Liz I just need to apologise first and say I'm sorry for the way I treated Luke" Imogen apologises.

"It's fine dear, come into the kitchen and we'll explain whilst Andy calls the police" Liz nods. Imogen nod and follow her. Liz pats the top and Imogen sits on it and Liz grabs the first aid kit whilst Andy goes into the hall to use the phone (lol no mobiles)

"Ow" Imogen winces.

"Sorry love" Liz says.

Once all her cuts are cleaned Imogen goes upstairs and borrows some of Lukes shorts and one of his t-shirts. Liz tells them to top and tale but somehow they end up next to each other.

"I'm sorry" Imogen whispers "for not sticking up for you or Mikey or ash or Cal, I've been a terrible friend"

"No you havnt" Luke says "I was a terrible friend for being serious about the marriage when it was just a child's thing"

"Luke" Imogen sighs "it wasn't a child's thing, I only said that"

"What?"

"I love you Luke" Imogen says.

"I love you too"

Imogen frowns because she knows he means it in a friendly way. She leans forward and kisses his lips before rolling over.

"Goodnight Luke" Imogen sighs.

"Goodnight Im" Luke smiles.