29

Alyssa Davis

"Yeah we'll be there in like- H drive safely, Jesus Christ! " Harry's reckless driving interrupts what I was saying to Iris, and with my phone pressed to my ear, I use my free hand to swat at his shoulder.

Harry's hand is on my thigh while the other is on the wheel, with a smug look on his face he just gives my leg a squeeze in reply. The dickhead.

Harry scolded me about having my leg up while driving, but it turns out he's no model citizen on the road either. I don't think he's meant to have a car this fast when he enjoys speeding so much. I've asked him if he's colorblind and mistakes yellow for green or if this is his genius way of getting rid of me so he doesn't have to break up with me. He just laughed at that, saying he would never.

I mean not that you can break up with someone you're not officially in a relationship with...

Yeah, that's been on my mind recently.

I've considered just asking him to be my boyfriend and shit on the mysogenistic expectations but something tells me he wants to ask. I just think he needs time and I'm pretty sure he knows I'm ready, so I don't want to rush him.

Iris' voice on the other end asks what's going on and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, Harry's a maniac on the road and- babe, that was your fifth yellow light, stop it! " I slap his arm a little harder this time, glaring at him. He just mutters a 'sorry' but I can see him repressing his laugh.

"Anyway, we'll be there in like five minutes" I sigh, pushing a hand back through my hair, keeping my gaze out the window.

It's a beautiful day, great for a roadtrip. I'm really happy I convinced Harry to have Niall and Iris drive with us. The cabin is like 3 hours outside of town so the drive isn't too bad.

"Yeah, if you make it here alive" she giggles on the other end and I laugh under my breath, agreeing before ending the call.

"You're ridiculous" I sigh, shaking my head at him.

"Look, I'm just time sufficient, we'll definitely be there quicker than five minutes with this pace, no?" He smiles innocently, but I think he should count himself lucky I can't see his eyes behind the sunglasses. They always give him away.

"Probably, but I would've been just fine with five minutes and reassurance of my survival" I reply, snatching the black frames off his head and placing them on my own. My vision immediately feels soothed by the slight darkness that now tints it, blocking out how bright the sun is.

"Well I won't be able to drive safely if I can't see, will I?" He sighs and closes his eyes while continuing to steer. We aren't going down a busy road or anything but still, he could theoretically kill someone.

"Harry! What the fuck? Eyes on the road!" I yell at him, leaning over to grab the wheel. My hands on top of his and me sitting in the passenger seat is definitely not an ideal driving situation but hey, at least I can fucking see.

"Give them back then, I'll be blinded without them and it won't make a difference if my eyes are closed or not"

Drama queen

I sigh, removing the sunglasses from my face and placing them back on his, immediately making him open his eyes.

"You're crazy" I conclude, taking my hands off the wheel and leaning back in my seat, putting one foot up on my seat.

"Mhm, you too babe- kiss?" He leans in my direction, resting his hand back on my thigh.

"You're driving" I state the obvious, not motioning to give him anything type of touch involving my lips.