guess the plan worked (osamu)

Miya Osamu

Miya Osamu

"Let me see if I get it", he starts, while you nod with hopeful eyes. "Ya lost a bet with yar friend while ya were drunk and now ya need ma to play beach volleyball with ya?", you nod a couple of times in a very desperate way. "What the fuck ya were drinking?"

"Don't judge me, Osamu-kun. Not everyone has a confidence-boost when they are drunk", you explain and he stays in silence for a few seconds like he is thinking about it.

"Are ya just asking ma because I played volleyball in high school?"

"Yes?", your answer sounded more like a question than a sentence and that made you do an unsure and amusing face that Osamu definitely didn't find amusing.

"Ya talk shit about the stupid shit I do with Suna when ya are just as crazy", he says, standing up from the couch he was seating on. He starts walking to the kitchen and you follow from a safe distance.

"Is that a yes?", you ask, stopping close to the sink while he looks for something in the fridge.

"Absolutely no", he says with a monotone and definite tone. For a second or two, you want to cry.

"No? Osamu-san!", you say whining. "Is just a game. Two of three and if you can't this Saturday because you have to open the restaurant, we can leave it to Sunday".

"Definitely not. Not gonna waste a perfect Sunday with ya on the beach".

"Why are you so cruel?", you swear he has a smirk on his face seconds before he drinks from his water bottle.

"I'm not been cruel, honey", he says once he has swallowed his water. "I'm just not gonna waste ma time".

And he passes close to you. And you want to scream because you know that he is playing difficult on purpose.

"I'll cook whatever you want for a month if you accept", at the mention of food, Miya Osamu suddenly stops.

"Whatever I want for a month?", he turns around to look at you from the kitchen entrance and you do the same, with a confident face.

"Yes. I'll cook whatever you want for a month", he looks at you in the eyes, you try your best to hold his gaze. After a few seconds in silence, where he appears to be thinking about it, he smirks again.

"Okay", he stretches his hand. "I'll play on Saturday", you shake his hand, like you're closing a business deal.

"Perfect".

"Hope ya're ready to cook for a month, honey".

You hope you're ready for it too.

What a coincidence and beautiful (not really) surprise the two of you got next Saturday when you encounter your friend for the game. Your friend wasn't dumb, and they hated to lose (just like you), but you didn't know they knew Miya Fucking Atsumu in the flesh. And even less, to convince him to be their partner to the match you were now 100% sure you were going to lose.

"Oh gods, quit tha face", Osamu says beside you, just when you were preparing for the game. He is wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt that leave visible his arms in all their glory. He is putting on one of his Miya Onigiri caps when he looks at you with a serious expression. "Ma brother is a pro, but that doesn't mean we can't win".

"Is unfair. I didn't even know they were friends and now I'm gonna lose again", you're even pouting, and Osamu almost rolls his eyes at it.

"We, honey. 'Cause we are a team".

And with that, he pulls you to the court, where on the other side was his brother and your friend waiting to crush the hell out of both of you.

The game went as expected. You played as you could and you lose the game, but you discovered something that wasn't there before.

In the beginning, it was nothing, because you have been living with Miya Osamu for almost two years and you are used to his presence, but for some reason, in this game, things felt different. Osamu spent most of the game, encouraging you to do your best (something quite strange from him) and you brushed hands, hugged, and touched each other more in one beach volleyball game than in the almost two years you have been roommates.

And the weirdest thing of all was that every time he encouraged you, grabbed you by the shirt because you were out of position, took your hand to help you stand or vice versa, got too close to whisper something in your ear, or hugged you every time you made a point...every time you made contact with him, your heart raced.

And it was both weird and stupid.

"I see that you brought your handsome roommate. What a coincidence that I brought his twin, ah?", you roll your eyes at your friend's teasing and they simply smile.

"Where the hell you meet him, anyway?"

"Well, that's a secret actually. Let's talk better about how you lose again and how touchy-touchy the two of you were back there", your friend smiles, and you know that they are enjoying the hell out of this.

"You planned this right?"

"Not at all, though. You see, Atsumu-chan told me that his brother had a crush on his roommate and that he needed my help to set them up. So basically, me making a bet with you while you were drunk was a blessing. But this game was Atsumu's idea".

You were speechless for like ten seconds.

"A-a crush?"

"Yeah, isn't it obvious? You two looked like a couple having fun a while ago".

You looked at the Miya twins, who were talking with each other, even though Osamu looked mad.

"Guess the plan worked".

It did. Your wedding a decade later is proof of it.