i feel like i'm finally headed home (hinata)

Hinata Shouyou

Hinata Shouyou

hinata was about to lose it.

he knew from the start that moving from japan to brazil wasn't going to be easy. the culture, the weather, the language...everything was different, and he was practically alone. he knew that it was going to be hard, that was going to take time, and that things weren't going to settle in a week. that it was a matter of time and patience and also optimism, yes, optimism, because he had to think positive. it was the only way to enjoy the ride.

but hell, he missed home, he missed his friends, he missed his sister. he missed everything he had at the other side of the ocean and everything for what? to learn, to be a better player, to get experience, to fly higher.

he was a ball in the corner of his room again.he wanted to cry, wanted to buck a flight and return home again and hug his friends and forget for a second or two that they were at the other side of the ocean. he wanted to hug his little sister, run his bicycle in the mountains back home, hell he even rather get scolded by ukai and get insults from tsukishima again than be here all alone.

he hates that feeling. that thing called loneliness. he didn't like it. it felt wrong. he felt lost, he felt awful, he felt away. he felt alone.

but is the price to pay, because you have to give something in exchange to have wings and touch the sky. that's simply how it is.

hinata lets his head fall over his knees and lets a few tears roll.

he is tired too. being here all alone has been hard and even if he wants to stay positive and wants to persist that no process comes without its shitty side, he thinks that he can't do it anymore.

he lost his wallet the other day and his roommate is not very sociable. he has learned a lot with that club he signed with and he enjoys the city and how nice the people are, but he doesn't think he can take it anymore.

loneliness is getting on his nerves and not even a call from kenma or yachi, not even something that can remind him of home, can make him feel different.
he wants to get back home, just to breathe japan's air so his lungs can feel at peace for once.

just when he was about to break down in sobs completely, his phone starts to ring. he ignores it at first, but then he remembers that maybe it has to do with the club he plays with, so he, with a lot of effort, gets on his feet.

he takes his phone from the charger and while he dries his eyes, he notices that the number is not a familiar one. he frowns but decides to take the call anyway.
when he answers, the other person asks for him. the person on the other side sounds quite strange, almost like portuguese is not their mother tongue. but they appear relieved when hinata confirms that he is hinata shouyou. then, when they say that they found his wallet, he almost short-circuits.

he is so surprised that he must ask them to repeat themselves and they do it but cracking a little their portuguese. our tangerine feels a sudden wave of relief that he wants to cry for that and not for whatever else he was about to cry for a few moments ago.