Hospital Trip

As we walked, I studied Jacob. He had raven black hair, russet skin, and dark brown eyes. He wasn't that impressing. He looked like a popular bish.

But if he was one of those people, why would he be helping me now? Those kind of people would only help so they could play with the girl's emotions. But he doesn't seem like that kind of person. He looks that way, but he acts a different way

He caught me staring, "What?"

I shrugged, "Nothing. Am I supposed to stare at the ground?"

He laughed, "I mean, you don't have to."

"I can't. It would hurt my neck. And also, I'm just studying my rescuer."

"Fair enough."

We were in silence for a while, then I couldn't stand it, "Why are you helping me? Where are we going? Who are you?"

He smiled, "Woah, woah. Too many questions. I'm Jacob Black. We are going to my car so I can bring you to the hospital or doctor's office. And I am helping you because Max shouldn't hurt people, and I consider it my job to protect those people he hurts."

"Ok" I don't know why I felt disapointed. Maybe because I thought a guy actually cared about me. I don't know.

When we got to the car, he set me in the passenger side. I called Aunt Megan. A/N Bold is Aunt Megan talking.

"Hello Evelyn. Why did you call? Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"A kid beat me up, and now a friend of mine is taking me to the hospital."

"Oh ok sweetie. I hope your ok."

"Im fine"

I hung up, and Jacob said, "'A friend of mine?'"

I crossed my arms, "If I told her I didn't know you, she wouldn't have been ok with it."

He laughed, "Ok"

We were in silence the rest of the drive. It annoyed me again, but I didn't want to say anything.

Jacob's POV   A/N I wont always do a Jacob POV but sometimes, just to let you guys now how he feels

The silence annoyed me, but I had nothing to say and I didn't want to make her feel awkward.

       ~imagine down blond hair and tan skin and no fancy eyelashes~

Once we got there, I asked for a wheelchair and got her in it. Then I realized I didn't even know her name.

"Hey, what's your name? I can't check you in without knowing your name."

She laughed, "Evelyn Peirce."

I nodded and I checked her in. We sat down in silence, on our phones, like normal teens.

After a while, she asked, "What are you doing at Griffin Woods? What got you sent there?"

I hesitated, "Lets just say I was like Max once. What about you?"

She laughed, "Well, a few years ago, my friend was murdered. My mom was an FBI agent, and she gave up the case, which didn't help my mood at the time. I got in trouble a lot, at home and in public, so my family sent me here."

"Wow. Great story."

"It's better the yours." She said, smiling.

"How?"

In a bad mimitation of my voice, she said, "'Lets just say I was like Max once.'"

I laughed, "Your impossible."

"I try."

I smiled, "Ok wanna know my real story?"

Evelyn's POV

I nodded.

"Ok. So when I was 16, during 10th grade, I was with my friend Noah, his girlfriend Audrey, and my girlfriend Layla."

Audrey? As in my friend that was murdered Audrey? I hope not.

Layla? As in my friend Layla? I have to talk to her later.

"Wait," I said. "What is Audrey's and Layla's last name?"

He looked confused, but he said, "Audrey Walker and Layla Finner."

That hit me like a 20-ton brick.

He knew Audrey. He dated Layla. I need to talk to Layla later.

Jacob stared at me, "What? You looked like you were just betrayed."

"Umm, you know how I told you my friend was murdered?"

"Yeah."

"Well," I said nervously. "Umm Audrey was the girl I was talking about."

We were in silence for a while. Finally he said, "Noah didn't tell me Audrey was murdered. He just said they broke up and she moved away."

"I-I guess he was hiding p-pain. Or he n-never knew."

"Wow."

"And also," I said, still nervous. "Umm, I am friends with Layla now. She didn't say anything about a boyfriend."

He crossed his arms, "Of course she wouldn't. She came up to me a few monthes ago and said 'Jacob, Im breaking up with you. I don't feel that way anymore.' And she walked away without saying anything."

"That's mean." I stated, as my title is Queen of Obvious.

"Dam right it is. After that she never talked to me again."

Then a voice said, "Evelyn Peirce?"

Jacob sighed, "Well, lets go."

He grabbed the handles on my wheelchair and we followed the doctor. Then he passed me a piece of paper. It said:

My number-

[Insert random number here]

We can talk more another time

Hey guys so the seem to know the same people and have a lot of history with the same people.

-River C: