Olive Garden

It was the end of the day, and I was waiting for Aunt Megan to come. She wasn't here.

I called her. It went straight to voicemail. I left her a message and sat down on the bench.

After a while, a car pulled up. I thought it was Megan, but it wasn't her car.

The window rolled down, and Jacob said, "Need a ride?"

I smiled, "Why are you still here, and how did you know I was here?"

He chuckled, "I had a bit of a problem with Layla and Noah."

I said, "Well I guess I could use a ride."

He smiled, "Well, are you getting in?"

I said, "Yeah."

I walked over to the car and opened the door. I sat down and put my seatbelt on. 

He said, "Wanna get some food? Since your aunt isn't home?"

I laughed, "Where?"

He smiled, "How about Olive Garden?"

I said, "Yeah"

As we drove, we were silent. There was nothing to talk about.

~Time Skip-After Olive Garden's glorious food~

We left Olive Garden, laughing and chatting.

I said, "Jacob, what did Layla say to you when she ran after you?"

He stopped laughing and frowned.

~After he explained what happened~

I said, "Wow"

He nodded, "Yeah."

I said, "So she thinks your hitting on me?"

He frowned again, "Trust me. I'm not. I'm just your friend."

I smirked, "Did you only save me because it was Max?"

He shook his head, "No no no. Well kind of. But Max sent that picture to the whole school. Suddenly no one wanted to be my friend anymore. No one wanted to hang out with me. Since you were new, I thought that you would be my friend."

We pulled up to my house and we both got out of the car, but we kept talking.

I said, "What did you do after Audrey 'moved away'?"

He said, "Well, I lost my mind. I said things, I did things. I became like Max, except I did it out of anger, he does it because he's a rich jerk. That's when my parents started looking for boarding schools like the one we go to. Then Max showed Layla the picture, and she came up to me and broke up with me. So my problems got worse."

He took a deep breath, "After she broke up with me, my problems got worse, but I realized I didn't love Layla that much. She wasn't someone I wanted to spend my whole life with. So when she came up to me apologizing, I decided I didn't want to be with her. So I declined her offer to date again."

I said, "That's sensible."

He laughed, "Really? Look where we ended up."

I laughed, 'What about Noah? I know what got Layla here. Now I want to know about Noah."

He smiled, "Well after Audrey 'moved away,' he became a person I never thought I'd see in him. He stole things, hurt people, but never got caught. Then when his parents said he'd get sent here, it got worse. He basically destroyed his room. His parents had to get him a counselor." He chuckled. "Me and Layla also had to get counselors. Finally, Noah got over it. But he still holds a grudge."