Trouble

So after the hospital, Jacob took me to my house.

When we got there, he said, "Call if you need anything or anyone to talk to." Then he winked,

I giggled. Something I have only ever done in front of a boy once, and that guy was not my dad. I said, "Ok hotshot."

He laughed, "Ok no matter what, that is not gonna be my nickname."

I smiled, "Then what should be?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. What about you?"

I said, "I don't know. Let's continue this at school, 'Kay?"

He nodded, "Bye, Katniss."

I looked at him, "What the hell?"

He shrugged again.

I smiled, "Bye, Tiger."

I got out of the car, but not before passing him a note with my number on it.

~Time Skip-Next Day~

I saw Layla today. When she saw me, she said, "Hey Ev. What's up?"

I said, "You dated Jacob Black?"

She was surprised, "Who told you this?"

I explained what happened yesterday. Her eyes got wide, "He talked with you?"

I shrugged, "Why are you acting like this is a bad thing?"

She rolled her eyes, "Because it is a bad thing. Jacob doesn't talk to many people. I was the first person he had talked to as a friend outside his and Noah's family in 2 years!"

"Wow. What does that have to do with this?"

"Because," She said. "I broke up with him, not because of what he told you, but because Max showed me a picture of him sleeping with another girl."

I said, "Why the fluck did you believe him?"

She sighed, "I didn't know Max knew how to use photoshop. Once I figured that out, I went up to Jacob. He looked terrible, but he told me he didn't care anymore. That's when my problems started and I got sent to this school."

"Ok. Cool. I'm still waiting for the point."

She rolled her eyes, "What else happened after the hospital?"

I didn't know if I should lie, but I said, "He drove me home. He told me to call if I needed anything, and I said 'Ok hotshot.' Then he said that was not gonna be his nickname. Then we talked more. Then before I left the car he said, 'Bye, Katniss.' That's all."

She sighed, "I have got to talk to him."

"Wait," I said. "What happened?"

But she had already left.

Layla's POV

I went looking for Jacob. I had sworn not to talk to him but this was important.

I found him talking to Noah. I walked up behind him and grabbed his ear and pulled him away.

He called me a few names and said a few things, but eventually he calmed down. Then I punched him.

Jacob said, "What the fluck, Layla?"

I rolled my eyes, "I know that we broke up, but that is no reason to go hitting on my best friend! I know you don't save people from Max. I know you don't bring people to the hospital, pay there hospital fees, and not ask them for money back. I know you don't drive people home. I definitely know you don't call people 'Katniss'! What the hell, Jacob?"

While I was talking, Noah had walked over, "What going on?"

I stared at him, "Jacob is hitting on my only friend."

Jacob stood up and walk towards me, "Listen, Layla. I'm not hitting on Evelyn. I have changed. I save people all the time because Max told me what he did. I haven't brought anyone to the hospital is that they weren't very hurt. I didn't think about asking for money back but they payed me anyway. I drove her home because she said her aunt was at work. I did all those things because I have flucking changed, Layla! I'm not like Max anymore. I'm not anything like the bitch I used to be. Why can't you tell?"

Then he turned to Noah, "Speaking of Evelyn," He pointed a finger at Noah. "Evelyn told me she was also friends with Audrey."

Noah got really mad, "Don't. Even. Talk. About. Her!

Jacob said, "Oh, you are one to talk, Noah! Evelyn told me that Audrey didn't move away. She was murdered!"

Noah was trembling. I stared at him in horror, "You lied to us, Noah? How could you? I thought we were friends."

Noah was crying now, "I-I couldn't bring m-myself to t-talk about it at the m-moment. I was gonna t-tell you later, but you had b-broken up with Jacob, and it would h-hurt me and y-you guys even w-worse bearing that n-news. I j-just couldn't d-do it, guys. It almost k-killed me k-knowing what h-happened."

Jacob's face was filled with fury, "Go to hell, Noah." Then he walked away, and Noah dropped to the ground, sobbing.

I sat down next to him, patting his back, "Noah, I get what you did. I might have done the same thing. But it's still not right to not tell us about our friend's murder."

Noah sniffled and said, "I know, Layla. I know who Evelyn is. But I sadly know who killed Audrey."

I looked at him, "Dang it!"

He nodded.

Sooooooooo

yeah

many secrets be spoiled

bye

-River C: