Meet The Family

Jacob's POV (just so you guys know what happened)

I was waiting for Evelyn, so I could bring her home. Then Esme walked up.

"Hey Jake."

I rolled my eyes, "Only Layla called me that."

She smiled, "How are you?"

"Terrible." I said.

She frowned, "Why?"

I glared at her, "Because you told Layla you actually slept with me? You know that isn't true! The only person I ever slept with was....."

My voice faultered. I don't want to remember that accident.

She said, "I know how to make you feel better."

I looked at her, "What do you think could possibly make me feel better?"

Then she kissed me.

Evelyn's POV

I stared in horror of Jacob kissing that girl. It didn't feel right.

Wait, why do I care? Its not like I....

Then a realization shocked me. I do like him. That's why I don't like that.

I got closer, hoping I could here what was going on.

Jacob pushed her away, "You bitch."

The girl said, "Oh Jake. You like me. Everyone does. You're just scared."

He growled, "No one likes you. You are a flipping bitch, Esme!"

That's the girl he supposedly slept with? She looks like a rat that fell into the sewer and then went dumster-diving.

Esme said, "Jake, just admit it. You. Love. Me."

With each word, she climbed her fingers up his chest. She twirled his hair with one hand and stroked his neck with the other.

He looked uncomfortable, but he didn't do anything. He said, "Esme, leave me alone. I like somebody else."

He likes somebody? Who?

She rolled her eyes, "Is it that girl you saved from Max? Honestly, she's a lost cause. You don't even know her that well."

He balled his fists, "I know Evelyn very well! She is very sassy and nice, which I admire very much about her. But leave her out of this! My relationships with anyone are none of your buisness unless they include you or anyone in your family! And everyone in your family, including you, is a flucking bitch!"

Did he just..... say he...... he..... he liked me?

Esme was still twirling his hair and stroking his neck. She rolled her eyes, "Jake, she's ugly and poor. You want someone who is hot and rich, just like you. Evelyn is a lost cause and doesn't deserve your love for her. All she deserves is for you to break her heart, like you did with Layla."

Jacob almost punched her, but kept in control, "No one deserves what Layla thinks I did to her. That girl I 'kissed?' Well she pulled me into a kiss. I loved only Layla like that at the time. That girl I invited over for my birthday? Well, she was my cousin! I wasn't allowed to invite Layla! And when I supposedly slept with you? That was all dam photoshop!"

He took a deep breath, "All those were misunderstandings because Layla can't learn to not assume things because of what you see. Layla doesn't deserve it. Evelyn doesn't deserve it. You? You do deserve it. I hope whatever boy you date breaks your heart."

He started to turn around, so I ran away from that area.

Jacob finally spotted me, "Hey." He said nervously.